Paolo Mojo - The Feels Remix Competition with Glasgow Underground Recordings / 9

Paolo Mojo - The Feels Remix Competition with Glasgow Underground Recordings

View Remix Competition

Taking our courses to the next level, here on Sonic you can now watch the track being made, download both the project and stems and then submit your own remix with the chance to win some great prizes.

The How To Make The Feels Remix Contest is exclusive, here on Sonic Academy and you could be in with a chance of winning some cool prizes and ultimately getting a release on Glasgow Underground - one of the UK’s strongest outlet for new, dynamic House since its formation in 1996 which is doing more, and better, than most other British labels to see Deep House as an international underground network.
After the success of our previous remix competitions, we know we have one of the best music-making communities anywhere, and the level of production skillz coming through the forums is truly amazing.
So, ourselves and Paolo Mojo are super excited to see what you guys can come up with - we know you can smash it. You can now download the stems from this awesome tune and start working your magic!
We have shown you how to make the tune, now it’s over to you to get creative, make a dope remix of this track and show the world your production talent.

Go get started! We can’t wait to hear your submissions.

So what’s a contest without a prize eh? Well if your remix of his track ‘The Feels’ is chosen by Paolo, you can win a release on Glasgow Underground Recordings!*

But that’s not all, you will also win a massive £150 Sonic Sounds store voucher to spend on our award winning plugins and any preset or samples packs on the store. We will also have two amazing runner up prizes.
If you’ve created the second best remix, you’ll win a £50 Sonic Sounds store voucher.
The third place wins a £25 Sonic Sounds store voucher.

Related Course
Remember to check out the course - How To Make The Feels with Paolo Mojo - for the full lowdown! Available to all Subscribers right now!

This competition is open to all Sonic Academy registered users so spread the word and, join in.

Hi there,i want to ask about the track should be mastered - final and send it at mp3 or at premastered?

Send it in Mp3 format and make it sound as good a possible!! - Mastered if thats possible

Hello there!) Can i remix in any genre?

Do you guys @ Sonic Academy use an algorithm to process the MP3 and amplify the overall volume like it’s done over Sound Cloud or YouTube ? Question is to know if we have to take care of leaving some head room on our track, since we can upload only once, I would like to know about it.
Many thanks and good luck to everyone who is going to take part to this challenge !!

Can we use our own samples or are we restricted to the stems?

Hi guys, are you all working on remixes? Look forward to hearing them :slight_smile:
@GlitchVoice you can remix in any genre, however, if your goal is to win 1st place and get your remix signed, you’d be wise to listen to some of Glasgow Undergrounds’ music so you know what kind of material they’re looking for. They have a channel on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/user/glasgowunderground Check it out!
@Tekalight I’m not SA staff so I don’t know for sure but I don’t think they apply any processing to the uploaded mp3s. Worst case though if you’re unsatisfied with how your upload sounds, then you can delete your submission and re-upload it with some tweaks. I did this for my remix in the Televisor comp and it was no problem!
@Boxcandy You can use your own samples, just be sure they’re ones you own or are legally in the clear to use!

@shawno Thank you for the info about the possibility of re-uploading your submission, that’s very good to know !
Also looking forward to hear other remixes !
But PM came up with an outstanding track, both in the sound of it as for the song arrangement, so it’s very challenging to remix this one.
You’re right about checking out Glasgow Underground’s Music, it’s more about Deep House & Techno.
Good luck to you, let’s go back to making some music now !

Thanks @shawno for all the info you gave everyone here! Yes, ultimately the track will go out on GU so something in that label style will work well. We don’t do any processing on the uploads, but as @shawno correctly points out, you can re-upload if you feel you’d like to change your mix.

You can, of course, use your own single shot samples but obviously not any copyrighted material.

Good luck everyone

Same question :disappointed:

Hi, who chooses the winners? Thanks for answering!

Hey @GonzaloJulian Paolo Mojo and Glasgow Underground will be picking the winning remixes

@Brian2402 and other readers : Is it just me or do you guys also can’t play Brian2042 track ?? There’s no even waveform showing up when clicking the play button !!

sorted :slight_smile:

@Tekalight I’m not sure it’s working on my laptop i’m also able to play the other tracks as well and by the way amazing job guys with these remixes!

@Insane2402 This was fixed by Bryan from SA, 24 hours ago your track wasn’t playing. Nice track by the way ! Some other good remixes also here, still trying to rework PM’s track and again, not an easy one, some went for the big nice bass line, some went for the bells, you kind of want to keep the arpeggios, you don’t want to loose that amazing “distant fart bass” drop… So yes, congrats to all of you who made in so far and good luck everyone again !

masterful!

1 Like

Good job guys!! And good lucky for all!! It’s a pleasure join in this type of competitions!! Thanks to Glasgow Underground Recordings for the opportunity!!!

1 Like

It’s not full stems, just samples?