Player automatically mutes when next video starts

Hello, if I am watching one tutorial when it ends and a new video starts the playback begins but with the audio muted. If there a way to avoid this ?

Thank you,

Hey there @aaronlowe81

It’s been under the site dev scope for a while but it’s not a simple issue since this is due to general Web settings & rules to automatically start video playback with audio Off. I’ve been trying to tweak different Web browsers settings and set exception rules for the site but it doesn’t work.

So the easiest way right now is to click on the muted sound icon as soon as the new video starts, I know it’s a bit annoying but so far there’s no way to avoid this.

Hope this helps answering your question.

Cheers !

much appreciate chris! thanks!

I’m not Chris, LOL :smile: I’m Stéphane, forum’s moderator, but thank you for your reply :wink:

For S.A team : any news on this BTW @bryan_spence ?

Hi, just adding +1 for this fix please. I know you guys have a lot on at the moment, but this is quite a big QOL improvement for people watching on phones where the buttons are all tiny!

Many thanks

1 Like

Also, it might be stating the obvious but having a dedicated app with better controls & the ability to cast to other devices on a wifi network (ie a large TV) would be a massive plus.