Please review my deep house track, needing feedback

this isnt mastered, just used presets within ableton to do what i can on that side of things but im looking for feedack on the whole and advice. Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/markybbop/naked

1 Like

the first three minutes,for me it would sound better if the drums and the bass would be more laid back, more ambient house instead of having them so prominently punching you in the face. after that it turns into a different song and from there it sounds pretty good.

1 Like

cheers kuchenchef, Someone said that to me in a previous track I did, What you think I should do, ease compression until it gets going further in the track?

Ahh sorry, i just posted another topic I thought you had just commented on that one

Yeah sounds like too much compression/limiting on the master for me. I would like to hear a pre-master to get a better idea of how the mix is sitting.

I agree with some of the other comments. Specifically-the bass sounds like it’s clipping a little (not in a good way). My personal feeling is that this has a nice laid back groove to it, but the bass is a little too aggressive for the vibe so it makes it so I can’t feel the laid back vibe as much. The only other thing is after the vocals when you are doing that ascending chord progression the third chord has a clash to my ears. There is a note in that chord that is clashing with a note in the stabby piano sound I think. I’m also generally getting a lot of clipping in that area that doesn’t sound intentional. Maybe really reducing the compression on the keys there and/or doing a sidechain dynamic eq or compressor to make some space with those ascending chords? Those would be things I’d try…