Progressive House Tune for Feedback

First off Merry Xmas!!!

Worked on something on Christmas Eve, this being the fruits of about 6 hours labour, building and a Bass Patch I made in Ana, and making something tangible with it. There are a couple of Layers to the bass sounds, made using Abletons Operator and Rob Papen Blade. A lot of the sound comes from my use of various sends, with all manner of distortions setup, using Izotope Alloy and Trash(would recommend both these plugs). I sinned and used one pad preset in Abelton, and some stuff is from Ultimate FX Sample pack, but for the most part its synth sounds that have been processed.

Feedback Appreciated

https://soundcloud.com/jukemaluke/present-being-wip

One really good tip for help bring out your sounds more, is to setup 2 sends. On each of those I put a saturator, I personally use the Ableton native plug in, and use the Hot Tubes setting, but I guess the concept is the same in any DAW. One send is set to the soft sine in the preset, and on the other you change it to the Hard Curve for a stronger distortion. You need to push down the output on the hot send a little, once you have those 2 setup, I put everything through them, you can mix each element to taste/sound quality. Once you have all your channels going through them, mute those busses, and hear the difference. Its subtle, but it really adds a layer of nice to everything. I saw it in a youtube vid that I cant locate now, but it really has given me a boost in increasing loudness without sacrificing on sound quality, and in fact making it sparkle more, great trick!

Really like it it sounds very polished. Im new to all this myself but the only thing I can think of is that some of the bass synth sounds sound slightly harsh against some of the more melodic elements of the track.

I think this would be prime for a Way Out West breakbeats type rework to go alongside it.

Good work!

1 Like

The lowish bass sounds pretty cool, good work :punch:

1 Like

I really liked this track! I think the production sounds really good. Personally I think you nailed a really good kick sound that cuts through and you separated the bass and kick frequencies very well. The issue I had with it was I think that main resonant bass gets repetitive. After 3 minutes I was totally done and I looked at the soundcloud waveform and saw there was a break so I was like “oh good, that bass will go away and something new will come!” but it didn’t…lol

A musical idea that came in to my idea was that you know how you have the bass sound and then the overtone that sounds to me like a filter with the resonance cranked up so it is oscillating…I don’t know how you built the sound if this is possible, but because that resonance and the bass are separate enough sonically, I thought it would be cool if sometimes that resonant tone started doing some different pitches-almost like some counterpoint or even just pitch shifting sometimes. That could add variety to the bass sound…anyway, I hope you find these ideas helpful or maybe they inspire you. I dig the sounds.