Request about ANA2 Scaling feature

I wish ANA2 had more scaling options.

My laptop has a HD (1366 x 768) screen.

The 100% option is a bit too large for the screen and 75% is too small. And 85% option would be perfect.
Adjustable vector scaling would be even better!

2 Likes

I second this. If not vectorial, at least add more scaling options.

Was demoing ANA 2.0 and my laptop is a little too small right now to use effectively.

75% is too small and 100% is too big.

I hope that the devs will seriously consider this.

Glad you fixed this in the latest release. Thanks!!

1 Like

Hi all, was this fixed? I am not able to use the synth except the initial patch because of the scaling issue. I can’t access the menu on MacBook Pro 13 inch.
Anyone have any thought?

Thank you.
T

Hi there @madgrv

More GUI size options were added in version 2.0.93 - Current version is now 2.0.94
You can now select 75% , 80% & 85% Gui size for smaller screens, just click on the settings wheel icon above “Menu” & select the appropriate “GUI Size” in the settings ( left side of the settings windows ).

Thank you @Tekalight. I wasn’t able to access the menu as it was outside the screen area, but somehow managed after a few restarts of the DAW.

1 Like

Hi there @madgrv

Good to read you managed to sort this out, thanks for the update BTW :wink:

@phil_johnston Hey there Phil, regarding this issue, is there any .ini .settings file that could be deleted in order to reset the GUI to default ( like we can do with Kick 2 ) or anyway to edit & modify a file for the end user ? The point is to have a handy work around when people get stuck with settings & menu out of reach.

Yeah I’ll see if there’s a user accessible place where the settings are stored.

1 Like

Hi Stéphane,
Long time, been busy…,.
Need your help, I change ana 2 size to 300% and know I can’t revert it to default size, because can not move vst window to “catch” skin settings size button.
Is there a way to revert to default size, some parameter inside xml file?
Appreciated
Best regards,
Jorge Caldeira

@J_Caldeira

Hi there Jorge,

Yep, long time no see, hope you’re doing well :wink:

Sorry for delayed reply, maybe you found a solution already :blush:

If not then you can try the followings :

1. Press CMD + SHIFT + right click on Mac or CTRL + SHIFT + Right click on PC to bring up the size menu.

If that doesn’t work :

2. Close the instance of ANA 2 and find & delete the ANA 2.settings file, then launch a new ANA 2 instance.

You’ll find the settings file located in :

• MAC : ( User Library !! ) :

Mac_HD/Users/Your_Username/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/ANA 2/ANA 2.settings

• WIN :

C:/Users/Your_Username/AppData/Roaming/Sonic Academy/ANA 2/ANA 2.settings

Hi Stéphane,
CTRL + SHIFT + Right click on PC, could not work, but deleting /ANA 2.settings did the job.
You’re a lifesaver… :slight_smile:
:thumbsup:
Best regards,
JC

1 Like

Hmm :thinking:

Actually it might be ALT + SHIFT + Right Click on a PC ( have to verify tho, not on WIN at the minute ).