Returning/Reselling Kick 2?

Hi, about a month ago I purchased the Drum Synthesiser “Kick 2” from you guys.
I must admit there’s no technical errors or flaws in the product, I just simply have no use for it.
Let’s just say, I was under the impression Kick 2 was something very different from what it is.
Which admittedly was my fault for not doing deep research before I purchased the product.
So I’m currently wondering if there’s any way to return or resell my copy of the Drum Synth.
Thank you in advance - Ethan

Hey @Theycallmezeal

Sorry to hear about that but have you really dive into Kick 2 and what this soft synth has got to offer ??
It’s an invaluable tool in your arsenal for Kick sound design, I’m a bit surprised that you don’t find a way to use it.

Have you been through the tutorials here on S.A or on YT ??

Just my words here because I really do think it’s a very useful synth. :wink:

In case you really sure about not putting Kick 2 into use, I suggest you 2 things :

• Inquiry about refund/return: write an email to customerservice@sonicacademy.com

• Reselling/Transfer License: You will need to contact S.A Support via http://support.sonicacademy.com to arrange the transfer. As far as I know there’s a license transfer fee applicable that will need to be paid by the buyer/new owner and a license could be transfer only once ( a second hand license can’t be transfer again ). But again get in touch using the support email & S.A team will tell you all about it.

Hope that could help :wink:

Sorry, I feel like my message may have come off wrong. I’m not questioning the quality of Kick 2 at all!
I think it’s a cool little drum synth, and I’d recommend it to other producers for sure! It’s just not for me…
Over the years I’ve gotten so used to a particular workflow when it comes to making drums. Kick 2 just really shakes that up.
I have a personal template inside FL Studio that I use when making drums. The template is set up to where
there are three main drum samples in the playlist (High, Mid, and Low) which are routed to three separate mixer channels (High, Mid, and Low)
And each channel has their own set of effects such as Mid/Side EQs, Saturators, Compressors etc.
From there, all three are routed to a bus channel for the final touches (Saturation, Compression, Further EQing etc.)
This set-up gives me unbelievable control over every sonic aspect of the sound, which is why I’ve used it all these years.
I tried using Kick 2 over the past 30 days when in a sample making session, but I never seemed to yield the same results as I did when
using my tried and true method of making drum samples. As I said, I don’t think it’s a mad product, it’s just not for me :slight_smile:
Thank you for your time and help - Ethan

That’s exactly why I was asking if you took the time to dive into Kick 2, it’s another approach into kicks design and you can really get deep control over your sound with it, but yes, I think habits are somehow difficult to change -:slight_smile: and I can understand that but Kick 2 is much more than a “cool little drum synth” in my opinion. Many producers who’ve been layering samples or using their own techniques like you are now enjoying this synth and won’t do without it, but well, I’m not here to convinced you, just giving my personal opinion and trying to help on the forums :wink:

Use the links to mail S.A then if you’re really sure it’s not for you.

Cheers !