Sonic Feature - 10 Reasons Why You Should Look At Bitwig Studio / 1481

10 Reasons Why You Should Look At Bitwig Studio

View Course

Protoculture’s back with us for a new course, and he’s putting forward a solid case for checking out Bitwig Studio.

Over these tutorials, Nate highlights some of the brilliant features that have persuaded him to move away from Cubase and now use Bitwig Studio as his go-to DAW.
From the simple speeding up of workflow and diving down the rabbit hole of ‘The Grid’ where you can build your own synths, plugins and effects to Note FX, Modulators and FX Containers - there’s so much to this DAW and Nate is only scratching the surface!

It’s not just a powerful tool that can inspire creativity and get the job done, it’s also the simplicity of the user interface that Nate loves, making the technical side of things straightforward and letting the DAW do all the hard lifting.
Switching your DAW is always a difficult decision when you’ve become so accustomed to a way of working but Bitwig Studio seems to tick all the right boxes here, and making that move may not be as daunting after all, especially after watching this course and seeing what it can do!

Definitely check this one out because we guarantee it’ll give you food for thought if you haven’t tried it already!

Just picked up Bitwig Studio with the discount for owners of U-he products - nice tutorial, thanks

1 Like

@stuk71

There’s a course series on Bitwig, might be a good place to start delving more into this DAW :sunglasses:

Bitwig Beginner Level 1

Bitwig Beginner Level 2

Great course! Very handy to have Hybrid Tracks. Every DAW should have this feature.

1 Like

This was excellent! Awesome content from Nate as usual. Hopefully we’ll eventually get a Bitwig-based Protoculture track from scratch!

1 Like

Great Videos Nate .
Lee

AKA
El Retsof

1 Like

I’m not a fan of Bitwig’s deceptive business model. They charge users for an annual update plan, but then make them pay for new features like Spectral Suite. I’ll stick with Logic and FL Studio.

Spectral Suite is now part of 4.4 and free for all users… just bad communication on their part IMO. Regardless of the business mode, there is nothing like this DAW out there.

I’m glad to hear Bitwig bowed to so much negative customer feedback. TBH, the leadsership of Placidus Schelbert is still responsible for the original decision to charge for annual subscribers, so I’ll wait and see what they do in the future.

IMO, this wasn’t just bad communication, but bad leadership since they already charged several subscribers for Spectral Suite.

“We will contact everyone who purchased Spectral Suite to offer a choice of a refund or an extension of their Upgrade Plan.”

Not sure at all if this is really adding to the discussion to be honest @lattetown

Nor this Bitwig tutorial from Nate, nor the associated forum’s discussion thread is meant to discuss Bitwig business model, but only to share with others what’s unique and interesting in the DAW.

This place is so much more interesting when people keep it to audio and discuss about different tools, software and DAWs they have a chance to be presented with on S.A website :blush: :peace:

1 Like

Hi Lee, I was responding to the title “why you should look at Bitwig Studio”. You’re right there may be features that this DAW has that you will use. However changing DAWs is a big decision…you have to learn a new workflow and “how things work”. Personally, before I make that kind of time commitment, I want to know whether this is a product I feel comfortable investing in.

1 Like

Been looking into Bitwig for a long while now. Thanks for this.

Very nice overview of this DAW with lots of useless little techniques I could pick up. My vote goes towards a “track from scratch” with Protoculture in Bitwig.