Sonic Feature - Logic Pro X 10.4 First Look with Chris Agnelli / 572

Logic Pro X 10.4 First Look with Chris Agnelli

View Course

Sonic Academy’s very own Logic Pro guru Chris Agnelli checks out the latest update that’s just been released, and to say he’s excited about this one is an understatement!

New features include:

• Smart Tempo, an advanced tempo detection that lets you automatically combine content together, regardless of their original tempo and record audio without using a click or drag in an audio file and have the performance define your project tempo along with being able to add any audio file and have it automatically conform to the project tempo.

• Updated Plug-ins including Space Designer, an all new ChromaVerb - a sophisticated new algorithmic reverb with a colorful, interactive interface for creating rich acoustic spaces, Phat FX, a Vintage EQ Collection, Studio Strings and Studio Horns, Mellotron, and Retro Synth.

• New Content, with 2 new drummers and vintage brush kits along with 800 new loops in a variety of instruments and genres and a new Visions library for Alchemy adding 150 cinematic presets.

There’s a host of other new features too which we’ll no doubt be delving into more with up and coming tutorials and tech tips but in this First Look we get a quick lowdown on some of the best!

Enjoy!

This update was just rolled out yesterday. Thank you Chris and SA team for getting this together so quickly! INCREDIBLE!

Yes, that was very fast and good first guided overview of this Logic update, thank you Chris & SA.

ChromaVerb sounds lush, just that made me want to upgrade to 10.4 although PhatFX and StepFX was a big bonus :slight_smile:

Cool!

Hi
Have you actually tried Flex Time in 10.4? I am not the only one who has experienced disastrous fails (https://discussions.apple.com/message/33010334?ac_cid=tw123456#33010334)- plus other random bugs (machine freezing even? Unheard of!)
Yes the new features look great and most work but this is a disgrace - was there a Beta?

Helpful tutorial for me