Stop worrying about what DAW the tutorial is done in!

Putting this in the subscriber section of the forum so it doesnt make lazy potential subscribers who just wanna ‘make beats’ and dont care about DAW theory change their mind about subscribing. Remove this paragraph and move it if you think its suited somewhere else betterbr
br
See so many comments on some of the tutorials where people are complaining that its done in this DAW or that DAW and how one DAW gets done too much, etc etc…br
br
Its all garbage!br
br
The honest truth is if youre creating tracks of this caliber you should be able to watch a tutorial done in any DAW and translate that information to your daw. Its all the same concept, if you cant even do that you aren’t learning anything by copying everything note for note into your daw. Just getting ahead of yourself at that point. Stop watching the ‘How to make’ tutorials and start watching the ones on how to use your DAW. You’ll benefit a lot more in the long run.br
br
Don’t get me wrong, I love watching stuff being done in Pro Tools(my DAW obviously) because it teaches you more about your DAW and nice little workflow tricks. But when youre watching tutorials on how to make certain music that isn’t your goal! Your goal is to learn the genre and how to make the music, you should already have your DAW basics down if youre watching that stuff. br
br
Having the tutorial done in your DAW is just a nice little perk, but by no means should it dictate whether you watch the tutorial or not. And it DEFINITELY doesn’t mean you cant learn what that tutorial was intended for any less, which was how to make the music.br
br
Requesting the exact same tutorial in a different DAW is a waste of time for everyone when they could be making a fresh new tutorial. br
br
The bottom line is - If you cant watch a ‘How To Make’ tutorial hosted in a foreign DAW and translate that information to your DAW, you aren’t ready to be watching the ‘How To Make’ tutorial anyway. br
br
They have lots of tutorials on the website to help with software training. You’re slowing the site and everyone else down by making the creators recreate something identical in a different DAW. br
br
Im saying this since the site cant really come out and say it because they are selling a service and you have to give what the customer wants. The customer just wants the wrong thing in these cases. You aren’t helping yourself at all by thinking you need to watch it in your daw. br
br
One could even argue youll learn your DAW a lot faster by watching tutorials done in different daws then having to figure out how to do it in yours.br
br
Look at it this way, putting a shelf together while following the instructions doesn’t make you a carpenter. But looking at a shelf for reference and putting a new one together from scratch is a step in the right direction to becoming one.

I agree completely, I’d rather they were in logic, but it’s certainly not a deal breaker.

+1 on this.br
br
I’m fairly new and have much to learn… but I watched the 7Skies tut, and there was a part where he routed lead synths to a new buss and basically did a sidechain/gated reverb effect in Logic Pro…br
br
Figuring out how to duplicate the technique in Ableton taught me so much more about my DAW than simply duplicating steps ever would.br
br
Cheersbr
Bob

Hello all,br
br
First posting here - been a member of SA for yonks and a Logic producer. br
br
I agree completely - the only part I do battle with is feature differences like Abletons live sequence recording and some of it’s plugins (there is a ping pong delay type effect in live that I battle to replicated in Logic to the tee)br
br
Apart from that, replicating synth sounds across native plugins etc. - most work the same with slightly tweaked algorithms. With a bit more work one can match just about anything.br
br
I watch plenty of Live tutorials! Keep either coming.