System F The Sonnet

Working on some ideas and came across the midi for this so decided to put the whole lot together. Ferry is my absolute hero for music production and making this i had a smile on my face the whole way through. I wanted to capture the system f / Gouryella vibes with out making a complete clone of the original and i hope ive done that. open to feeback. :0

https://soundcloud.com/mark-shevlin/system-f-the-sonnet-mark-shevlin-rethink-v1

Nice one & good overall production :wink:

If I had only one suggestion it would be to play around with a EQ or even a tilt EQ on the master to reduce the high end and level up bass + mids, it could tame some harsh transients & synth resonance in the higher frequencies range, but again nice work :wink:

Thanks as always Stephane. finished the last few bars and took your advise and killed a few resonant freqs on the way. Finished track (for now) is SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds Feel damn good to finish one for a change!!

1 Like

Always satisfying indeed :wink:, keep it up :slight_smile:

Actually ended up changing a few elements and getting some who knows what there doing to polish it up. Now sounds like this Stream System F - The Sonnet (The 4th Man Remix) by mark shevlin | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Improvements on changing the elements ( from memory since I can’t compare with the previous one ) but “some who knows what they’re doing” are really mixing/mastering hot :smile: You really don’t need to push those levels that hard, especially for digital platforms IMO.