Tech Tips - Tech Tips Volume 26 / 514

Nice tips, thanks.

Thanks for the Kick2 Tutorial!

esta bien padre

So excited for this!

the eq is new to me, glad i watched this!

Nice series! Brief explanations (no need to cut the crap :smiley: ) with good examples that cover real situations.
Thanks guys

Thanks guys

Did not notice the threshold arrow to the left of the limiter meter till watching this. Super helpful!

Good tips. Thanks

amazing

At the last few seconds in the video I said “aaa, it’s very useful, I did not know it”.
Thank you!

looks good

Really useful. Had this plugin for a while but just learned a ton of new things about it. Thanks

nice missed those

Great videos series. If I could buy Kick 2 on your website it would be great… waiting for your customer service’s answer… :frowning:

Just having a couple of issues on the web site… should be back working again in 20/30 mins

1 Like

a very interesting plugin, I will buy it

1 Like

Love this!!

Hi again. I hope you are all keeping safe. I was wondering if you could help me. I am using windows 10 and cubase pro 1.5.20 and my project is in 24 bit 48 kHz and when I drag the waveform into the project after generating it, cubase asks me whether I’d like to split the file and I choose yes but then it also asks me if I want to change the bit depth from 16 to 24. Shouldn’t Kick be 24 bit anyway if my project is 24 bit and how to I get a mono version of Kick2. I see in a DMP tutorial that it comes in a mono version for apple and logic. In cubase there is a thing called an instrument track and that is standard stereo track but on some plugins you can activate either a mono or stereo output in the output section. The work around in splitting the file into left and right works but I’m still a bit confused about why Kick2 is 16 and doesn’t follow the project bit rate. I guess I can record this into a track rather than drag the generated sample into the project. It’s all a bit confusing really. Any ideas how I should go about working and if I’m doing the right thing/ I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Gareth

Hi there @gej

Need to be confirmed by @phil_johnston but I think that Kick 2 can only render stereo 16 bit audio files. Also not a Cubase user but it seems to me that in Cubase you have an option to render a stereo track to mono track. So in order to match your Cubase Project settings and get your kick in mono, the following workflow should work :

• Render you Kick inside KICK 2 and then export it to audio.
  • Import back the rendered audio kick inside a new audio track in Cubase and accept the conversion settings in order to match your project bit depth.
  • Render this new stereo track to mono. ( I’m quite sure this is possible inside Cubase ), the alternative is to export to mono from Cubase which should be possible as well ( That’s what I do with Ableton Live since there’s no mono track available. )
1 Like