Tech Tips - Tech Tips Volume 29 - Christian Vance / 536

Tech Tips Volume 29 - Christian Vance

View Course

This week Sonic Academy welcomes back house and techno producer Christian Vance, for Tech Tips Volume 29 in Ableton.

Over the next 10 videos Christian shares a host of wicked tips and red hot tricks on how to make Ableton do the hard work for you and provide some creative inspiration.

From building your own random sequencer within the DAW to using send/return channels to their full potential, this course will shine a light on producers who may have found themselves stuck in a rut and help rekindle those creative juices!

Check it out and max out your skills levels!

Nice! I had many struggles when I start doing the melodies but with this tip I progress a lot

1 Like

All your tech tips are bang on! Very informative and simple to understand.

1 Like

thanks!!! glad you enjoyed!

Never thought about grouping drums for different reverb fx. TY!

1 Like

Very clear and the pace is just right. Great job!

1 Like

Thanks!!! Glad you enjoyed!

Hello! I don’t understand why my second sequencer doesn’t play when I followed nd did the same thing for the first sequencer. Do you know what I might have done wrong?

1 Like

Hi @alfonsin … I’m not sure what you may have done without a more detailed description - but please make sure any subsequent midi track / channel receives midi from the first. Check the midi routing etc. Also check the monitor in/auto/off. Best of luck and please reply if you have further troubles

I found my mistake! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really helpful tutorial. I was wondering if there would be a way to randomise the note length? Obviously in this example all notes are 1/16th. Thanks

1 Like

sure @neilhutcheon … check here >> Live MIDI Effect Reference — Ableton Reference Manual Version 11 | Ableton << 23.3 … the key is the random effect in any instance. It provides some fun… and umm… random control. Glad you enjoyed the tutorial!

Lot’s of great ideas on how to be creative with randomness… thanks!

1 Like

Great tips, Christian!

1 Like