Tech Tips - Tech Tips Volume 46 with CRaymak / 719

Tech Tips Volume 46 with CRaymak

View Course

Sonic Academy welcomes back CRaymak this week for Tech Tips Volume 46 - an in-depth set of tips and techniques on how to create a high impact dubstep style drop.

Sometimes starting a fresh track with the drop can help your creative flow, so over these 10 videos, we look at how to build one from scratch.
Starting with designing our own synthesised kick and clap in ANA 2 we then build some growling bass patches in Serum before getting a masterclass in resampling and warping using Ableton’s manipulative audio warping algorithms.
Heading back into ANA 2 we design a powerful hitting sub bassline, build our very own multiband sidechain in Ableton and then fill out the drop with further percussive elements and effects before mixing and mastering to finalise.

With extensive use of Ableton’s stock plugins, these tips show you just how versatile and fun but professional-sounding Ableton can be in achieving your very own unique sound.

Inspirational stuff to get those creative juices flowing so go check it out!

Makes me wanna start making dubstep again XD

While I appreciate getting a look into his workflow, I have to be honest that I was kinda disappointed with this. I felt like no real explanation was given for WHY certain things were done. For example he applied some mid/side EQ techniques without really explaining why he was doing what he was doing. Same thing with some of the parameter editing in Serum or ANA 2.

Thanks for the information. I’ll try to apply this advice.

That clap walkthrough was great. I use samples but this helps further my sound design knowledge so much.

so useful!awesome!

Learned a lot

nice!

Love Learning new techniques from different artists!

Thank you for your sharing good tips.

1 Like