Tech Tips - Tech Tips Volume 58 with Dirty Secretz / 1175

Great tutorial!!! Keep inspiring the world over!!!
What track is playing in the beginning of Tech Tips Volume 58 House Essentials/What is House before the tutorial starts??
Thank you very much, John

@LovedUp

Hi there John, it sounds like a remake/remix of this track ( jump to 1:32 time → same synth riffs ) to me, another tutorial from Richie BTW :wink:

Great tips Richie ! Always well presented, clear and very useful info . You are one of the best Instructors around !

Really good to have Richie on SA again - he is easily likeable, and great to follow along with. I always get results with his teachings - good looking studio too

Great course, Ritchie always delivers and very easy to follow along. Surprised theres no resources tho. Although been producing for a while still picking up wee tips and tricks here and there

best tips, best teacher! :slight_smile:

Absolutely great course. Thanks!

Great course

awesome course!

A very helpful, very well explained and logically structured tutorial. In contrast to other courses, this is not the self-promotion in the foreground, but the will of wanting to teach. The tutorial does not deal with the endless layering of sounds, and the subsequent correction with dozens of plugins, but to get back to a simple sound. Here is taught with simple but clever methods what it also depends on: to understand how and why you do this and that.

1 Like

This is exactly the sort of thing I need. I enjoy the “Track Walkthrough” and “How to Make” courses, but the way this goes down into the basics – even the cliches! – gave me something to really sink my teeth into.

Even made a track of my own. It’s short, and not really anything special, but it’s got a beginning, a middle, and an end, and I think it sounds a bit house-y.

(I really hope SA does more of these “genre history/basics/theory” tech tips…)

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the course :wink:

You watched, enjoyed, learned and made your own track : that’s what I call completing the learning cycle :thumbsup:

What genre would you be interested in ?

Have you seen that poll from Phil on the forums in the Tutorial Requests category ?
Feel free to get involved and let S.A staff knows what you’d like to see, the forum is here for users :wink:

Cheers & keep it on !

1 Like

Oooh … I hadn’t seen that poll. (Clearly, I need to dig into the forums more.) I’ll likely chime in there, too, but to answer your question:

• Trance and Techno, because I want to make them
  • Chillout and Ambient, same reason
  • Drum and Bass, because I just don’t understand it. :slight_smile: (Honestly, I’d at least watch any genre, just to get that understanding.)

I’ve also poked around in the Synthwave tech tips from a few weeks ago … I just haven’t managed to close the circle and actually make something, yet.

I’d also love a “here are some different sub-genres of house/trance/techno/whatever, and here’s what makes them different” style of tutorial. But, I have to think that the religious wars that would come out of that (“How dare you?!? Hyper-mega-trance-house-step is at 128 BPM. 129 is Hyper-ultra-trance-house-step!”) might not be worth the effort. :grin:

1 Like

Nice :wink:

I think it’s not a bad thing at all to grasp learning from different genres, and yes, the learning circle can be really broad and it’s a bit a never ending learning curve. Things come with time & practice and the best advice is to make music that you really love, so sub-genres & your very own take on music is always a good place to create IMO, many new music came up that way in the end :wink:

좋아요 하우스라는 장르의 대략적인 토대를 배우고 가네요

Moderator Edit : Translation to English :

Okay, let’s learn the rough groundwork of the genre called house.

1 Like

Super helpful tutorial, thank you

1 Like

I don’t mean to be strange but I’ve seen more videos on sonic academy then the average user and this one… Tech tips Volume 58 is one I keep coming back to. This is a must see series! Why? Well because he talks about skippy hats and that is what I need! The concepts on inserting them on the in between transients may be hard to do but if you do jacking house this is WHAT I NEED in my music. Also he went over MICRO BREAKS! So many producers need this basic info to make music. Labels hear a lot of music that is just repeating around and life less, and if you learn velocity on your percussion and micro breaks and hi hats, already you sound amazing! WELL DONE! THANKS for making a video series I can’t stop watching and keep my subscription for. Secretz you’re a life saver!

1 Like

great one, easy to apply to the other DAWs

1 Like

Very personable instructor. He really understands there is another person on the other side of the screen watching and learning. He’s not just showing you, he is telling you how to do things. Everything is explained clearly and there is no squirming for clues to what he is doing. The M1 looks like a great buy for the price–I think Korg has a new model but it’s still only $100 and it can do so much. Still, I did this with just Ableton and found sounds that worked great. There was so much usable information. I never realized the 127 on the right of the Randomization control was a slider that you could adjust. I think I tried to pull it down. Anyway, I’m gonna have to do more of Dirty Secret’s tutorials and what not here on Sonic.

1 Like

Nice basic course, good pacing.

1 Like