Technical Track Feedback - How do I improve?

Would be great if I could get some feed back. Reverb, Mastering, Mixing, etc…I appreciate everything :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @BenKen181

SndCld link to your track is broken, you’ll need to update it if you would like others to provide any feedback :wink:

sorry…fixed it ! Thanks for pointing it out

Nice track and great mix & mastering IMHO :wink: If I had something to say about mix & mastering that would just be that I found the kick a bit too loud compare to other elements in the track, maybe the snares & clap too but this is really less obvious, so not even sure if those need adjustments once the kick being leveled down a tiny bit.

For the rest I found the mix well done, might even be one of the best track I’ve heard here on the forums, I was just expecting more “movements” and new elements coming along the mix, but it might not be the purpose of this track, sounds more like “easy/peacy” listening moment, but yes it could be an excellent builder allowing you to introduce more energy.

There’s a good correlation between the stereo & the mono listening and what you did with the processed back vocals & the reverb on those is very great and adds a lot to this genre of music, suits perfectly with the rest of the track.

Great one IMO, you could even develop & push this one a lot further 'cause it’s a lovely “burning-in” track or nice teaser for more to come along or after.

Let’s see what others will say now… :wink:

Cheers !

Thank you very much! i appreciate the feedback and taking the time to listen to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I made some adjustments you mentioned. Made the kick little bit more quiet and the snare…i tried to add more elements to give it more energy but i wasn’t able to blend them in so i left them out in the end, but i added one more “outropart”. I will try to give my next song more energy!

1 Like

Hey again @BenKen181

Commenting while going through the track, will go through small details :slight_smile:

• Find the track more balanced now ( even if it’s difficult to compare without the first version ).

• Really digging the rhythm you’re bringing to the listener with the low bells, bass, kick & clap : it’s pleasing and catchy !

• When you first stop the kick at 1:16 I would have start it back at 1:20 or maybe 1 or 2 bars after but not exceeding 1:36 ( this pre-break, slow down part you introduced at this time comes too early IMHO, I was just starting to dig the vibe and you take that away :slight_smile: , it could come later on I think. )

• Therefore the break starting at 1:52 with the kick pattern variation feels very surprising there because the listener was starting to feel the initial vibe ( back to playing with the length of the starting beat as mentioned before ).

• The outro-part is nice too, creating surprise for the listener and adding variation, good work with the vocals elements again, I like that.

So really, it’s a catchy and appealing track in this genre and you did well in terms of mixing, it’s now a matter of arrangement and what’s work with the listeners, try to get people around you listening to it and what they say about this catchy beat that goes away too quickly and the slowest parts and their appearance in the mix.

But again, very nice work & track here :slight_smile: I’m now curious to check on SndCld in order to listen to other things ( which is the desirable effect BTW, so this track has got something… )

Cheers !

wow. has a really nice atmosphere and organic sound. wish you’d tickle even more out of that part from ~2:26.

1 Like