Techno Track

Hey, I am new here and would appreciate feedback for this track. I think everyone can help me a bit…

1 Like

Hi there @Woask

Nice work on Mixing :wink: Not much to say about this side of things, been quickly browsing through other tracks of yours and I think it’s well produced. Now I know it’s Techno & therefore linear music, but I found the arrangement a bit static as well as a bit confusing through the 2nd part and towards the end of the track. Maybe dropping the bass at some point and use less new sounds & fx layers, instead create something more progressive & climbing over time to reach a more powerful & memorable peak time.

That’s it for my 2cts feedback :wink:

Cheers !

1 Like

Yes, i am also of the opinion that the arrangement is my biggest problem here. I will work on that. Thank you for your feedback!

1 Like

Arrangement is definitely something not easy and a huge part of production that can make a track stand out or break it. There’s quite a lot of tutorials from different producers in the Techno genre on S.A website that might be inspiring, if you haven’t tried it yet have a go for the free 7 days trial, you won’t have access to the resources & project files but you can watch all courses and there’s absolutely no commitment, it will also let you see if getting a subscription might be something for you then.

You have a magnifier icon on the top right page of the main site, just type in “Techno” in there and the matching results will pop up.

You can start a free trial from here :wink:

Also, Chris & Phil should soon be back with a season 2 of Sonic Academy Live Stream which is a weekly stream on S.A YT channel. They review user’s tracks & comment about them online and there’s also some “Fix My Mix” sessions from time to time. More info on the Live Stream here :wink:

Stay tuned for season 2 as it might start again in the coming weeks and if you feel like submitting a track for review or even “Fix My Mix” you can now use the dedicated webpage to do so ( this is a new feature since they started the Live Stream, so you don’t need to submit track using email & shared links anymore as mentioned in the previous linked post ).

So once it all starts again, submissions can be done here :wink:

Cheers !

1 Like