This is my first song šŸ˜

Hey @McByte

Just went through the track so here is some feedback :wink:

I always try to do some critical listening here, focusing on mixing & listening experience rather than going through liking the track/genre etcā€¦

So if itā€™s a first song itā€™s already a good work. Thereā€™s clarity in the mix & all parts translate well.

Now my biggest issue is the overall level of the mix, this track is really too loud, youā€™re clipping above 0dBFS almost all way during the listening, you can easily reduce the main level by 3/4 dB.

Next to that, I found the track sounding very ā€œmonoā€, which is good for clarity and giving the ā€œin your faceā€ feel but it could be interesting to expand the stereo image of the mix and to also use more reverb on your FX sounds ( noise, risersā€¦etc ).

Would be good IMO to try to give more ā€œspaceā€ & stereo image to the mix & to pay attention to levels. In general, mixing at very loud level can result in getting fooled by you ears ( especially for the low end ) and depending on your studio setup & monitoring you can end up with a lack of low frequencies in the end. Next to that pretty good work for a first track :wink:

Cheers !

I listen to PsyTrance from time to time too.
Nice low end. I would use more reverb on some voice fx etc.
Itā€™s a mix of Hardcore/PsyTrance ?

sounds more like a mix between happy hardcore and gabber to me. and for that itā€™s pretty good. the ā€œstupidā€ voice samples could be stupider. but overall itā€™s a very nice stupid song that makes you smile and https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/joeypedia/images/b/b8/The_Joey_Shuffle.gif/revision/latest?cb=20160823003824