Track Walkthroughs - Speaker Honey - Is This The Ending? (feat. Tori Letzler) / 962

Speaker Honey - Is This The Ending? (feat. Tori Letzler)

View Course

Sonic Academy is super proud to introduce a brand new tutor this week as we welcome mau5trap’s very own Speaker Honey!

After mastering the art of multiple instruments, Speaker Honey has turned to synths and Ableton where she’s emerged energetically on to the dance scene with her own unique raw sound.

Taking us on a deep dive into her track ‘Is This The Ending? (feat. Tori Letzler)’ Speaker Honey breaks down each element and focuses on the processing involved to get this awesome track ready for release.

We look at how to avoid frequency clashes, how to widen and beef up sounds, vocal processing, building tension and anticipation and how to successfully mixdown a track to prepare it for mastering.

Full of techniques and tips to help you improve your skillz this is definitely one to check out!

I’m only about half way through but I’m really liking this course. I never considered using Kickstart the way you do. It has given me some ideas for Shaperbox that I wouldn’t have thought of otherwise.

1 Like

I really enjoyed this one. Speaker Honey has crafted a sweet, deep groove and this look inside the track is very useful and instructive. Cheers everyone, well done!

1 Like

For only 90 minutes there’s a heap of really good information in this walk through. I really enjoyed this course.

1 Like

very nice. enjoyed this and definitely took some things away that i will use.

1 Like

Great stuff - but (at the risk of being a smarta*** :slight_smile: ): the Waves TransX-Wide is not a widener, it’s a transient processor. The “wide” just means wide band / affecting the entire frequency range, vs. the multi band version which allows different settings per frequency band …

Enjoyed this, liked the track too. hope to see her back in the future!

1 Like

It is a very good lecture for me. I understood how to make a good synth sound. I bought 2 plugins of waves for brightening my synth track after watching this lecture and I also bought Track Spacer.

1 Like

This was really informative. I enjoyed this a lot. Sick track too. Caught my ear on a radio show and when I saw the video I immediately clicked. Would be cool to see what the sound design looked for within Serum for the dark hits but you gotta keep some secrets lol. Thanks for the overview!

it’s beautiful