Updated ANA 2 and now it is not working in Cubase 11

Hey, So I’ve been using ANA 2 (V.2.0.992) with no problem in Cubase 11.0.3 (Windows 10 Pro Build 19044.1645) for a while now. I just used the Gobbler app to install the new expansion packs, Cinematic Vol.2, Circuit Breaker & SD-1 Vol.2.
Now when I go into any old projects, the ANA 2 (VST2) tracks pull up and play just fine.

However, when I try to make a new instrument track, I select ANA 2, which only shows the VST2 version, and it disappears from the dialogue when I go to make the track. So there is now way to make a new instance of this VST. Also in the Plug-In Manager list, it shows the VST2 in there, but it is grayed out.

I read some other threads in here seeing an issue with the VST3 causing interference with the VST2, and it recommended to erase the VST3 .dll. I tried that and it did not help. I also uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled trying the option of NOT installing VST3 and this did not help either.

Is there a known workaround, I really love this synth and it’s one of the main things I use in the Slate bundle these days. How do we fix this? I really feel the installers for all the Slate stuff are needing some work, I don’t have to go through all this craziness of different install apps, downloading separate libraries and files and general wierdness with Arturia, NI, Izotope or Waves. This should be easier than it is…

Thanks for any help!

In the end what ANA 2 version are you running at the moment ?

Not sure about the version available through Gobbler, the latest version available for Slate Digital “All Access Pass” customers is v2.0.994s.

As a side note, Gobbler has always been a source of headache TBH, I highly recommend to switch your account and use the Slate Digital portal and their connect app.

More about this here : https://slatedigital.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407351241747-Switching-your-All-Access-Pass-from-Gobbler-to-Slate-Digital

Now back to your issue, expansions files like Cinematic Vol.2, Circuit Breaker & SD-1 Vol.2 are just installing content, those installers are not modifying your ANA 2 VST files.

The problem you’re describing looks like something could be wrong with your installation, try to delete your VST2 and VST 3 and then reinstall latest version 2.0.994s from Slate Digital to start with, but again not sure what version is available via Gobbler, that should be asked to Slate Digital support actually, maybe they can provide you with the latest version of their installer for ANA 2.

Is there a reason you are not using the VST3 version? There is a ton of benefits in doing so like reduced load on your processor and more. A greyed out plugin normally indicates it’s no longer installed… is it greyed out in your plugin manager on the right? Or do you have it in the actual list of .dlls on the left hand side. Check your blacklisted plugins too and see if its been moved there. You can sometimes force Cubase to re-scan it by setting it to active if it has been blacklisted.