A.N.A noise output & VST crash problem with ableton 10.1

Hi I use Ableton 10 suit, n I noticed that If I try to open one of my project where im usin A.N.A 1 the preset sounds distorted…so I need restart my mac to make it sounds normal…does anybody know what wrong?

Hi there @tomaszdzi

Using ANA 1 here under MacOS high SIerra latest build 10.13.6 (17G8030) with Live 10 Suite 10.1 up to date and no problem at all when reloading a project using ANA 1, no distorted sound or issues actually.

The fact that you have this issue and need to restart your MacOS to get rid of it like you mentioned makes me think more about an issue with your audio or perhaps Live 10. Any similar issue with other plugins ? Looks kind of weird, have you checked your buffer settings in Live, make sure they are not set too low.

But first thing first, I would check if I’m up to date with Live 10, ANA 1 version ( latest is v1.5 ) and my MacOS build if I was you. Once done, it could be worth to try a new clean uninstall/install for bot Live 10 and ANA 1 plugin, but especially Live 10 IMO. YOu’ll find a guide for that by Ableton here, be sure to save you user library or any custom presets though.

1 Like

as we discussed, I’m going to check all the suggestions. thx for yr time …:slight_smile:

Yep, got your latest reply on the FB group, could run some testing here on my end if you list the specifics presets you’re using and that seem to give issues, that will maybe give a chance to help troubleshoot whether or not it’s system related.

no prob…give me couple hours please…

1 Like

No worries, take all the time you need, no hurry at all :slight_smile: I won’t be able to test this before tomorrow anyway so no rush.

Dub sub
Bass moevment
Kick sub bass
Kick sub pulse and KSB2
Kick 808
Kick deep house 2,3,4,
Kick deep tech
Kick house 1,2,3,4,5,6
Kick psy trance 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,

these are all the presets that sound distrtd but it’s more like adding one note playing 1/4 a few octaves higher on each bar

I’ve search for those Presets and reorganized the list with Bank & Category names to make it easier to find.
There’s only one “Kick Psy Trance” preset in the “Drums” category, so I suppose that you meant the 1 to 8 “Kick Trance” presets.

Here is my updated list, does that look fine to you ( matching your initial list ? )

Bank : Factory - Category : Bass Dubstep - Preset : “Dub Sub
Bank : Factory - Category : Bass Techno - Preset : “Bass Movement
Bank : Factory - Category : Bass Techno - Preset : “Kick Sub Bass
Bank : Factory - Category : Bass Techno - Presets : “Kick Sub Pulse” & “Kick Sub Pulse 2
Bank : Factory - Category : Drums - Presets : “Kick 808
Bank : Factory - Category : Drums - Presets : “Kick Deep House 12,3,4,
Bank : Factory - Category : Drums - Presets : “Kick Deep Tech
Bank : Factory - Category : Drums - Presets : “Kick House 12,3,4,5,6
Bank : Factory - Category : Drums - Presets : “Kick Trance 12,3,4,5,6,7,8

What I could tell so far, is that if this is not very obvious or sure about the Kick Presets, I definitely had an issue with the Bass & Sub Bass ones, especially with the “Dub Sub” which seems like introducing noise at a higher pitch when reloading the project in Live 10.1, but that’s quite random as well, not happening straight forward, I need to play several midi notes on my controller to get this weird behavior. But yeah, something strange anyway.

Will do further testing tomorrow and update the topic, a video of what you’re experiencing could also help BTW.

That said, I still recommend to keep your Daw, Plugins, audio drivers & OS Up to Date, I know it’s sometime tricky with MacOS and audio related softwares, but most of the time if you’re not switching from one version to another ( like High Sierra to Mojave i.e ) or just wait for the intermediate updates instead of rushing with the major ones, you can’t go too much wrong doing it IMO.

Hi again @tomaszdzi

I’ve been doing some more testings with ANA v 1.5 and those presets and it looks that this is only happening with Live 10.1 in fact. Even in a new project with a fresh instance of the plugin, I’m getting a kind of random noise/distortion issue, no need to reload a previous project to experience this actually. Here on MacOS High Sierra, I’m having no issue with those presets inside Logic Pro X.

Furthermore, inside latest Live 10.1.2b4 beta release, trying to insert a VST plugin instance of ANA v 1.5 leads to an immediate Live crash, however the AU plugin version is still loading fine.

So yep, definitely something going on with Live 10.1, sent a crash report to Ableton already and I will open a support ticket by them too.

Been reported to S.A as well BTW, will update the topic if any feedback from Ableton support.

1 Like

HI thank you for your help n time :slight_smile: brilliant job…:slight_smile: I will check the topic

1 Like

Sorry for delayed update.

Put a ticket by Ableton Support, let’s see if we get a reply.
Here’s the Ref. FYI ( you need to login with your Ableton’s credentials to view this ).
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/requests/2326775

BTW, there was a precedent which was fixed by Ableton, wondering if this is the same again.
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/requests/2201224

Also edited the topic title here on the Forums accordingly.

Next to that as mentioned in this ticket, I’ve been also testing this under an up to date WIN 10 Pro latest 1901 setup and wasn’t able to replicate the issue. No noise and no VST crash under Windows. Weird stuff :confused: