ANA 2 slow loading presets & editing parameters

I just bought and installed ANA2. Every time I change presets I get the spinning wheel. Also sometimes when editing a sound via the parameters ie. cutoff etc I get the spinning wheel. No other VST of mine does this. Running on a i7 Macbook pro, 16GB Ram, SSD and external Focusrite soundcard.

Hey there @snakesa1

Since it’s a new installation of ANA 2 , I would suggest that you 1st try a clean uninstall/reinstall to make sure everything’s is correctly installed on your Mac. Please follow this Manual Uninstall Procedure, reboot your Mac, make sure to have a “fresh” download of ANA 2 v2.0.98 installer + License Keyfile to avoid any issue with the previous archive download and then perform a clean installation.

Once this is out of the way, test if it solves your issues and if it’s the case then report back with some more details :

• Specify the DAW ( + version number ) your using on your Macbook Pro and please also confirm if this is happening with the VST or the VST 3 ( or both ) plug-in version of ANA 2 ?

( I assume you’re not using Logic and the AU plug-in since you mentioned VST )

Hi!

I was meant to say AU. In AU it lags, no other AU’s are lagging(Serum, Diva, Spire etc.)

In VST it works perfect. Would like it to work the same as an AU.

Do I still do the complete uninstall/reinstall? Would that make me loose my current project with ANA2 in once reinstalled?

It would be better to go through the manual uninstall/reinstall as a “clean” start point for any further troubleshooting yes.

If you’re just using factory presets ( even with modified settings of course ) then simply make sure to use the SAVE AS option for each preset and save them into your User Presets folder. Then form ANA 2 menu, click on “Open User Preset Folder” and retrieve your Presets ( .SndPr files ) and keep a backup ( you can just copy the entire User Presets folder to a temporary location ) and save your DAW Project and you should be good to uninstall/reinstall without loosing anything ).

I’m now assuming that you’re using Logic ? But still, what’s the version you’re running, and is your DAW up to date as well ?

No I am using Ableton 10.1.35.

1 Like

:smile: I’ll get it right at some point…

OK, so you’re up to date in this version of Live then, that’s already one thing, thanks for the update BTW.

I just followed all your instructions. Still exactly the same. VST works fine but AU slow. What now?

Hi there,

Will run some testings on my end and update here.

Last thing I’m missing about your specs & set up : what’s your MacOS version + number please ?
Thx.

1 Like