ANA Browser exclusion

This is either a question or a feature request. There are many arpeggiated presets in the pads and plucks categories. If I want to select one which is not arpeggiated, is there any way to tell the browser to exclude presets with the Arpeggiated tag? (And similar for other tags.)

Hi there @Chalisque

Yes, it’s possible to use a combination of Tags in addition to the ARP or/and CMD Tags to refine and sort the list of presets available in the browser.

You can turn on/off Tags by clicking on them and use key commands :

i.e : cmd (mac) / option ( win ) Key + click on a TAG to highlight it ( on ), choose another tag you’d like and repeat. Click again on a Tag that’s already On and it will turn OFF. Turn a all range of consecutive Tags ON using Shift + Click … ect.

• Try the following : Init Preset → Open the Preset Browser → Set all tags to ALL and then hold Option/cmd on your keyboard and click on the “Pads” Tag, then the"ARP" one, then the “CMD”… Click again on the “CMD” tag to turn it OFF… You get the idea :wink:

Now the results depends of the TAGS used when saving the Presets, so think about it when it comes to saving your own presets as well. If the Tags were missing ( for example a Sound Preset includes a CMD preset but the Tag CMD wasn’t set when saving, then it won’t show up in the list if you just use the CMD Tag for the search of course.

• But Another way to browse through presets and to exclude the ARP ( and also the CMD, or even BOTH ) settings each time you switch preset is to turn ARP or/and CMD OFF ( greyed ) and set PRESET LOCK to ON. Might just be much more easier to do it this way IMHO.

Hope this helps :wink:

Cheers !

I’ll clarify what I wish it were possible to do. The ARP tag is just for example’s sake.

If I select Lead in Category, and ARP in Subcategory, for example, then

Arp Trance
C64 Chords

show up. If I ctrl-click on ARP, this deselects the ARP subcategory, but, and this is my point, Arp Trance and C64 Chords still show up in the list. I want to tell the browser not to show any presets with the ARP tag, i.e. show all Leads which are do not have the ARP tag attached.

I think the only way to do this would be to select all the other tags… you can shift click to select more than one.