ANA2 Presets freeze. Can't select any new ones

I’m using Windows 10 and recently updated ANA2 to the latest version.

When I load up an instance of ANA2 in my DAW (Cakewalk) I can scroll through different presets for about five minutes before ANA2 does not allow me to change them any more. I can click on the presets, but they do not change. I can only edit and change parameters in the last preset it got stuck on.

I also cannot import, save, open, or initialize in the options menu. All the buttons stop working.

I’ve also removed all instances of ANA2, saved the project, and opened a new project. When I add ANA2, it does the same thing after a couple minutes.

This isn’t a CPU issue as everything including ANA2 remains responsive, but I just can’t change any presets.

Thanks for the help!

Hey there @piotr555

Let’s first make sure it’s not just something wrong with installing the update :

• Try this first :

→ With your DAW & ANA 2 instances CLOSED, from Win Explorer go to :

C:/Users/Your_User_Name/AppData/Roaming/Sonic Academy/ANA 2

you’ll find a ANA 2.settings file, DELETE it and restart your DAW and launch a new instance of ANA 2 to see if it changing anything.

• If it still doesn’t work then try to follow the manual uninstall procedure here and make a new installation from a fresh download from you user account area. Just make sure to backup your user presets before.

If a clean install doesn’t solve the problem then it could be a bug, thank you to have try at the above methods before and then report back if you’re still having problems so that we can provide feedback to S.A team.

Thanks

Thank you for the reply!

Deleting the settings file seems to have made everything work now!

1 Like

Happy to read this & thanks for the update :wink: :thumbsup: