Ana2 v0.98 Studio One + Cubase issue --> Only VST2 or VST3 plugin instead of both

Hi there @Fderamond

What I would suggest is to perform a manual uninstall of ANA 2

• The guide isn’t up to date, it’s missing the path to remove the VST 3 plug-in, here it is, so don’t forget to delete the .vst3 file as well :wink:

WIN Path for the VST 3 : C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST3 remove ANA2 x64.vst3

MacOS Path for the VST 3 : Your MAC HDD DRIVE/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 remove ANA2.vst3

Then reboot your PC and make a new installation with a fresh download of the v2.0.98 ANA 2 installer from you account but SKIP and DON’T INSTALL the VST3 when running the installer.

Then try to open your previous project again and report back. It might still not work ( already been reported in previous post by Digivolt ) but for now it’s better not installing the VST 3 plug-in if you’re using Studio One. We believe that there’s an issue on their end and latest 5.3 update doesn’t bring any change to this.

Cheers !

Hi There !!! I just try exactly what you just told me and unfortunately it doesnt work ! Same message this plugin is disabeled and when I try to enable it nothing happen ! I hope they will fix this soon… its kind of annoying since I forgot to save the presets in ANA … Lesson learn but all the other VST work when enable it very very strange BUG !

Anyway thanks for the follow up and if you have some news keep me update it !

1 Like

Hi there
I had exactly the same issue were ANA 2 vst 3 was coming up on studio one and when i loaded a song made with the vst 2 version it said it couldn’t be found.
So i went into file explorer Program files/common files and vst 3 file.
deleted Ana vst 3 and closed it up.
loaded up studio one and vst 2 comes up.
it solved my issue

1 Like

Welcome to the forums first of ! :wink:

Seems to be only happening with Studio One and the way they have implemented a feature to take advantage of VST3 over VST2 when available.

The expected behavior should be that the VST3 plugin should automatically replace the VST2 plugin when you’re re-opening a previous project that was using the VST2 if both plugins are installed.

The plugin code itself allows this, but it’s not working inside Presonus Studio One and AFAIK they keep saying it’s an issue on the developer side, so kind of a loop here I’m afraid.

To sum this up and best things to do :

• If you’re re-opening a previous Studio One Project that was using the VST 2 you need to move the VST3 plugin file before if both plugins are installed.

• If you’re working on a new project and have both VST2 and VST3 plugins installed, you will only see the VST 3 plugin inside Studio One, which is the expected behavior.

Other DAWs ( i.e → Bitwig Studio ) allows to disable this “VST 3 takes advantage over VST 2” feature in their settings, but it’s not the case with Studio One, hence the need to move/remove the VST 3.