ANA2 Wavetable Import

Hi guys
I currently own Serum and have lots of wavetables and understand that ANA2 can load Serum wavetables.

One thing I’ve noticed that any wavetables taken from Serum don’t smoothly morph in ANA2
How do I correctly prepare the wavetables from Serum to ANA2 so they also smoothly morph?

Hey @dfk1

I think that @phil_johnston would be the one to answer this better :wink:

yes, currently ANA 2 does not interpolate between frames. so you need fully rendered wavetables. most of the ones in ANA are 256 frames of 2048.

Some serum tables are already 256 but for ones that are not you can use Serums internal resampling function to create 256 frame tables.

In Serum:

1. Load your wavetable
  2. Set Phase to 0 and rand to 0 (this insures the tables phase starts at the right point)
  3. Assign LFO 1 to WT position
  4. Set the shape to ramp up
  5. Set the LFO length to 1 bar
  6. set LFO mode to Trig
  7. Go to Menu - Respample to OSC B
  8. Open the new waveform in the editor and export as 16bit
2 Likes

Many thanks for getting back so soon Tekalight, that quick reply helped in its own right.

Ok Phil,
I just tried what you suggested but so far I am not getting the end result.
Having said that I only gave it a quick try.
I’ll reserve more time later and try a few more experiments
Thanks for taking the time out to give some fairly detailed instructions.
Appreciated.

Hey @dfk1

You should joined the Sonic Academy Discussion Group on FB here ( if not already done ), people are already sharing information about this subject & you’ll be pleased to learn about the future I think… :sunglasses:

Had more time to experiment and the best I’ve so far managed using Phil’s instructions
is a wavetable that ends at around 50% of the morph and that was using an export value
of 32bit. I am still not sure if the wavetable ditched half the table or not but it kind of looks that way.

16 bit wav export resulted in a table that didn’t interpolate at all. It just stepped through the table as single cycles with no morphing.
I downloaded an EchoSound bank that was produced on Serum and that
seemed fine in ANA2 with full morphing.
I will of course continue to try and if I get a result will post my findings here just in case someone else has the issue.

Tekalight as much as I’d love to stay in the loop - I still prefer official forums for goto info, I refuse to join facebook

Anyway guys thanks for the help I am on the right track now.

Thanks for the feedback and glad that Phil’s instructions got you on the right track.

Cool if you keep on posting here with further results & tips, I think it can help others, appreciate it :wink:

1 Like

Is there a way to accomplish this without owning Serum? I have 3rd party Serum based Wavetables I use in ANA, and some have this issue. Although I kinda like the “gritty” Morph sometimes. (8-bit reminders :wink: )

I just created a Wavetable using Waveedit and the interpolation between frames is even worse than I thought. Ugg …Going to try and figure out a solution not using Serum, and let you know if I get any good results.