Did The Preset Path Change in Version 2.0.98?

Before installing the latest version ANA2 read the presets from my Documents folder inside Sonic Academy subfolder. Now it’s ProgramData. I use Windows 10. Is it possible to change the preset path?

Thanks.

Hey there @SA_GEM

No change in v2.0.98 for the presets path which have always been installed & stored in :

C:\ProgramData\Sonic Academy\ANA 2\Presets main path & the matching sub-folders.

What files structure do you exactly have in your C:\Users\User_Name\Documents\Sonic Academy ?

Hi Tekalight. The folder structure is the same as in ProgramData. Strange. I copied the old files and user presets over to ProgramData. This should work.

1 Like

Yes this should work, but still puzzling me why you would have the same folder structure in your documents folder, it should be empty by default. Maybe that was a previous manual saving/backup ?

Use the “Open User Preset Folder” and “Open User Wave Folder” from ANA 2 menu to ensure that both are correctly pointing to the default Program Data\Sonic Academy\ANA 2\ → sub-folders. If it’s the case and once you’re sure to have access to all your user presets, then you should be safe to delete those folders in Documents.

The files in the Documents folder were from a previous installation and always worked.
I opened the Preset Folder via ANA2 and all is ok. It points to “Program Data”.
Is it possible that a Slate Digital installation is the reason for the Documents folder? I had some time ago a subscription.

Sorry for delayed reply :wink:

Could be from an older installation yes, but still a bit odd to me TBH, at least with the “recent” versions, same with the SD installer IMO, it will still install presets & files inside the Program Data folder. That’s why I was more thinking about a manual copy or backup. Maybe an older installer was allowing to specify a different path during installation, with the most recent ones you can only specify the VST install folder, but not the other content.