Doguez - Dark (techno)

https://soundcloud.com/doguez/doguez-dark/s-T4Gnt
Hey guys, how’s going?
Just had this idea last week. Let me know what you think
Is the mix sounding good?
is the melody too repetitive?
are the pads giving a good ambience?

Hi there @Doguez

Could be a cool track for this genre yes, like what you did with the percussive & Fx sounds adding movement to the track.
Techno is often repetitive so I don’t find the melody being boring through the all duration of the track, maybe a longer 2nd break and a shorter full beat part after that could add to the progression, just my taste after listening here :wink:

For the pads, yes, they do give a nice ambiance but when listening I found them quite thin & a bit distant & reverb comparing to the main Kick & Bass, maybe you need to adjust those levels to make the pads cut a bit more through.

Nice track overall & good job :wink:

Cheers !

Thanks a lot for that feedback. I’ll adjust and post a new link here.

1 Like

https://soundcloud.com/doguez/dark/s-fmu91
think that is the final version
what you guys think?

Hi again,

Find it much better for the synths & pads, sitting more well in the track. Still have a lot of transient & low end energy in the kick and that sub. I don’t know if it’s a kick rumble effect or only the sub-bass (sounds like it’s the sub-bass listening to the end of the track ) but found this rumble effect & sub-bass too loud & not pumping enough with the kick, it’s a bit like having a permanent sub-rumble sound playing, especially during the busy parts.

Now of course, this is just based on my listening experience, it might sound different in your own listening environment of course. I check on headphones & monitors and for me you could lower down & filter some sub-energy still, or try to make it more dynamic with the beat.

Awesome!!!
I love everything about this track, great vibe,love the percussion fills and fx consistent energy throughout
if I had produced this. Firstly I would be chuffed to bits with it, my only change would to be shorter. lol that’s it
I don’t any any advice for improvements, because it doesn’t need them from what I can hear. call it done pal
great work
thanks for sharing

Thanks for the reply guys! I will release it soon, stay tuned

i really like that song. it moves. only thing i’d prefer would be to play it in a different room. works nicely for the drums but when all the instruments are playing it sounds too much like i’m standing outside of the room where the song is playing instead of being in the centre of it. hope that explanation makes sense.

Thanks for the feedback @kuchenchef, really apreciate your time listening to my track. I understood what you aid, it’s more like a mixing topic, something I dont know how to do it good. I have old passive jbl speakers, my studio doesn’t have a awesome acoustics. I will try to mix it on my headphones. Any tips guys on how to get a better mix for this track? Thanks again for the compliments. Follow me https://www.instagram.com/doguezmusic/

Try to have a look at Sonarworks products, really a game changer in terms of room correction IMO. For speakers, you can find some affordable active monitors from many brands nowadays. You don’t need very expensive ones with big woofers, especially when the room is untreated. 5 and 6 inches woofers are OK, coupled with Reference 4 it really makes a difference. If you’re using a headphone supported by Ref.4, then it’s also a good place & less expensive way to start with Sonarworks solutions, you can check the supported models here SoundID Reference - List of Supported Headphones

Cheers !