How do I fine tune a kick in ableton

it works fine for me, i use it for kicks snares and percussion.

Select the clip,

Crank up the kick an octave in pitch so the pitch is more easily to define …

now open a synth or piano & play a few notes till the pitch matches the ‘pitched up kick’.

Hope this helps,

Lenners

[quote]ICN (21/09/2010)[hr]If you are not making your kick from scratch - dont bother with tuning the KICK.

If you are using a Sample - it’ll probably sound bad if you start pitching something up or down.

Try and choose the best kick from your collection - in the Key that you want from the get go.Tune your bassline etc… to the Kick, rather than the other way around. Thats what I do. I always got confused trying to actually tune the KICKitself. Just cos itnever sounded ****ing good.

Everyones got Millions of Kicks.Go through them & Pick out a selectionof cool ones.Stick them in a folder & rename themto include a A or E or G or whatever.It’ll save you tons of time autoplayingyour entire collection with your track.

Thatswhat I do now anyway.I really couldnt give 2 fcks anymore about making or tuning kicks as I dont have to.

Voxengo Span rocks.[/quote]

This man’s got it.

I think it’s still quite original though to make your own kick for a track just because you can get it exactly the way you want and not have to settle on a sample that might sound “right”. It’s the same idea as using synth presets really, if it sounds good use it but preferably you should be wanting to make your own synthesised sounds. This is all down to subjective preference end of the day and as one man once wisely said. “One man’s sh!t is another man’s diamond.”

Cheque is in the post Saul! :slight_smile: