How To Make - 'Are We On Air' with 7 Skies / 249

amazing content the only thing i think that need ti be worked on is getting to the point and saying less doubt words but awesome job

mind telling us where you got your drum samples?

Great!

This course is SO GREAT!!! I learned a lot! Thank you 7 Skies, aka our Tutor/Teacher. I already waiting for your new courses. The way you teaching is fun, too :smiley:

Do you think it’s possible to follow this in Studio One?

Hey @XImpalerX

Sure ! If you browse through this topic via the forums you’ll see that some guys have reproduced this using Cubase for example. In general you’ll be able to follow all “How To Make” tutorials in your own DAW since they are aiming to show you how to build a track from start to finish and not focusing on a specific DAW & plugins only.

Of course you won’t get the exact same sound and you’ll have to adapt & use your own plugins in place of the Logic’s ones but it’s a very good way to learn too. Next to that you have the stems & the samples in the course resources for this one and that should help too.

This is a fantastic course! David is very knowledgable instructor who clearly explain everything. I took and awhile ago and still coming back to it. I made a track based on it Stream 7skies by Almur | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

1 Like

Hey @almur

Thanks for sharing and the love for the course, appreciated :slight_smile:

I had a listen to the track & left a comment on your SndCld, great track BTW :slight_smile:

Cheers !

Thank you for listening! Glad you liked it! :slight_smile:

Very Good

What Key is this song in: I think it’s G major (or E minor) based on the notes but I have a hard time telling which. Any tips and tricks out there?

E minor is the relative minor of G major so they share all the same notes and are effectively interchangeable… no real need to define which it is but generall the next thing you would look at is what chord it starts on if you really had to define it.

Thanks @phil_johnston , good explanation. It was E (natural) minor scale. I worked it out from the Triarp riff from tutorial 11, which started on E (not G) … here are the chords for the E minor scale for those trying to jam their own stuff:
i – E minor, E minor seventh (Emin, Emin7)
iidim – F# diminished, F# minor seventh flat five (F#dim, F#m7b5)
III – G major, G major seventh (Gmaj, Gmaj7)
iv – A minor, A minor seventh (Amin, Amin7)
v – B minor, B minor seventh (Bmin, Bmin7)
VI – C major, C major seventh (Cmaj, Cmaj7)
VII – D major, D dominant seventh (Dmaj, D7)

I love this couse! He use lot of plugins and synths which I dont have, but I manage get almost same result with Logic own plugins!

1 Like

@romedor

Excellent way to learn IMO, adapting the tutorials to your own gears & tools is something that really helps to nail the production & techniques from the course.

I <3 7skies

Great Tutorial!

Is the samples etc. Royalty-free?

@Vivid_Vice

You have to agree to a User License Agreement prior to download any tutorial resources.

• Audio samples, drums & loops included are royalty free unless otherwise stated. So once you agreed to the disclaimer and downloaded the resources, check if there’s any EULA or specific License Agreement included in the download archive.

• Anything vocals & melodies, either in the resources or within the Project Files are fully copyrighted and cannot be used for any commercial release. Their use is only permitted for learning purpose & for you own personal use only.

Refer to this screen shot for the disclaimer content : ( be sure to click on the “Continue Discussion on the Forums” button at the bottom of the comments section in order to visualize the picture )

Hey did anyone actually get the kick working?