How To Make - Dark Techno with Christian Vance / 483

nice tutorial

1 Like

Very easy to follow!

1 Like

I’ve been looking for courses like this one forever and so glad that Sonic Academy came up in a google search. I’m super geeked to start the course!

1 Like

Thank you a million times for this course, this helped me a lot as I just converted from Cubase to Ableton and brought me closer to my signature sound with lots of clever but simple tricks and techniques.

1 Like

I am really happy with the comprehensiveness of the course and was able to produce a track I really liked in my DAW of choice which is Reason. It took a while to build the instruments and effect chains to reproduce sounds with similar tonal qualities, but I love to listen to a sound and then figure out how to re-create it from scratch. Then I added some of my own flavor. In the end, my ability to produce quality tracks has been greatly enhanced by taking this course. Now on to the next one!

1 Like

This course is awesome. Christian did an amazing job creating a great track to teach and I am looking forward to more like it.

1 Like

Can’t wait to start this course! LIT!

1 Like

Alrighty… looks a like a nice tutorial I need to sort out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Simple tutorial. This is a great way to just start making some stuff with that dark, gritty, hypnotic feel. This shows how easy it is too just make a track so you can then spend more time really putting the interesting little touches on it.

1 Like

Nice tutorial!

1 Like

This is an excellent tutorial. I like Christian Vance’s approach to making techno. It’s simple where it needs to be but not over-simplified. And it sounds good!

1 Like

The third video in this series is the video I have been searching for in a month, Techno kick exactly as I want it in 8 minutes, worth the subscription in itself

1 Like

I cant find the presets. i hae just bought ANA for this course and dont have any of the presets described

Hi there @hamaton3

You mean you just bought ANA 2 from Sonic Academy Website ??

This tutorial is from 2016 and it was made using ANA ( a prior version and different synth that is now discontinued for sale ), so you won’t find those presets in ANA 2 and anyway, since ANA & ANA 2 are different synths, the presets are not compatible. You should be able to create similar sounds in ANA 2 following the course IMO.

For reference, here is a pic of ANA vs ANA 2
( be sure to click on "continue the discussion on the forums ) in order to view the image.

1 Like

I also bought ANA2 same as a man under the comment who do not know the different between ANA and ANA2…

If I can buy a preset sound which name is “Kick sub bass” mentioned from this tutorial, Could someone tell me the name of preset pack vol.1 Vol.2 etc…or do not buy this preset from preset pack.

Hey there @Tomofumi_Kuribayashi

ANA & ANA 2 are 2 different synths, you’ll find some similitude between the 2 in the plugin’s GUI & controls & features but ANA 2 was designed from the ground up and therefore ANA & ANA 2 presets are not compatible + ANA is not anymore on sale from S.A.

The preset “Kick Sub Bass” is a Factory preset that you can find under the “Bass Techno” category, so if you own ANA, it’s in the factory presets, you won’t need to buy a pack. If you’re only own ANA 2 you will need to replicate this sound.

Thank you for your comment. I understood there is no same preset “Kick Sub Bass” in ANA 2 and ANA 2 preset pack.

That’s just fine. I can try to make a similar sound from ANA2 or another synth.

Thanks a lot again.

1 Like

I will try to make it for you guys in ANA 2 tomorrow’s or Friday.

There are a bunch of quite similar presets in Ana 2 already.

1 Like

Kick Sub Bass.SndPr (22.5 KB)

1 Like

sorry only getting to his now!!