How To Make - French House with Soundprank / 510

Excited to jump into this one! Will leave feedback once completed!

I like this course - I wonder what it would have sounded like bouncing out the stems and mixing in Harrison mixbus… since the course came out new mixer in ableton 10 probably would do this greater justice… just a guess

This is exactly what i want!

filter house is good.

@SATA_MOOM

Have you checked this one already ?

Trying to follow alng on your bass 01 tutorial but I can’t locate the OSC 2 patch. Because it’s hard to read it looks like it says “(something) pro-soloist 7” but an internet search comes up blank and I don’t see it in the presets. Any guidance?

Hey there @thedjphenomenon

Are you using Ableton ? If yes you can download the tutorial resources from the main tutorial page and you’ll find a Live Project in there.

The source used on OSC B for this DaftBass patch in Serum is named after ARP Pro-Soloist 7 which I don’t think is a default preset in Serum, the Arp Pro-Soloist was a vintage monophonic synth for the story, so that might come from a specific preset pack.

Anyway, since I’m guessing you’re not using Live and therefore being able to open the resource’s Project, I did it and saved the preset, I will PM it to you now, check your MSG here on the forums.

Exactly what I was looking for! Great material and indepth comments by Soundprank!

Great video and tech tips!

This is an awesome video, it cleared a lot of things up for me and gave me a lot of clarity. Thanks man!

Who spends over an hour talking about a CLAP? zzzz Dirty Secretz was much more interesting and easier to understand. Some good tips here but overall too nerdy

This course seems grand, downloaded it straight away! Thanks to the other users that left course recommendation(s) in the comments, as they have come in very useful!

Can’t even follow this project everything is broken.

wish I could get my money back… This is actually awful.

Hi there @krypticrooks

What issues exactly are you having with the course you bought ? Is it a problem to access or watch the video or are you having issues to use the included course resources ?

This course was done using Ableton Live 9 at the time and if you haven’t got the same Live version and especially the same 3rd party plugins installed, then you will probably get errors when trying to open the project.

If you’re trying to open the project with a more recent version of Live than version 9, then Live should ask to convert the project for you, but still, not having the same plugins installed on your system might give you issues.

That’s a common issue with any DAWs actaully, that’s why I started by asking about accessibility to videos tutorials. Of course it’s easier when you can load a project to follow along, but the course itself is the important bit here IMHO.

Let us know your version of Live and what errors messages / missing plugins you might have.

Great Course and Tutor, learned massive amounts about levels, mixing and mastering from soundprank.

1 Like

Almost unwatchable because of instructor’s monitor resolution too high)
(everything too small. my eyes too much painful )

Too many instructors in this website make this same mistake.
Cause their IQ is only two digit or they don’t even care people watch it or not . Just makes the video → takes the money and that’s fine .

interesting tutorial. I didn’t have a problem with the resolution as some other commenters but I’m watching on a fairly large screen.

Some useful tidbits, particularly regarding sound design. There’s a bit of waffle at points and I think some sections go on too long but the instructor is knowledge and has some useful insights.
One thing I found particularly frustrating was his insistence on going in reverse through some of the effects processing. I kind of understand why he did it but it made it frustrating to watch in places.

I’d definitely watch one of his tutorials again though.

Ok so how is anyone supposed to follow along if you don’t have the key and bass notes in order to follow along, this course should teach you not only how tow to sound design.

LOL nevermind, I realized he is using ableton 9… sad panda

Great Course, Thanks Soundprank!

1 Like