How To Make - How To Make Classic Trance / 1349

Haha don’t worry, Ableton Live will still feature in the vast majority of future videos. This time, Cubase was just a throwback experiment for me. There’s nothing I did in Cubase here that can’t be done in Live, with the exception of a slightly different method of grouping tracks in Live, but the end results would still be the same.

Absolutely! I’ve followed your technique and have only used the T-Racks British Channel on each part, so far it’s sounding really good, and has been a breathe of fresh air to the usual option paralysis that I can suffer from.

Filter mouth hahahaha

Epic and very helpful. Managed to create a very big helping of cheese by starting my chord progression in D Major … persevering but I realise why I’ve never tried to do anything in that key before!

Really enjoyed this tutorial, informative and some laugh out loud moments too. Thank you for this top content!

what revolutions of sound packs are the ones you used?

Hi everyone, Bluffmunkey a great teacher for a great Academy, congratulations !!!

Absolutely awesome tutorial! I’ve started trying to accomplish more with less by picking the right sounds and keep the track count low because I’m currently stuck using a laptop I initially bought to be a biggianttablet and not for production at all. It’s forcing me to think carefully about what I’m doing an why I’m doing it.

Great tutorial!

Looks amazing, can’t wait to watch it all

This is my favourite tutorial so far and I have been a member on and off for >5 years. Great down to earth tutorial and I love the focus on the history and evolution of the genre.

It’s inspired me to write Trance mainly using my hardware incl Midi sequencing.

1 Like

Great tutorial.
Like the approach.

Trance just isn’t as good as it used to be compared to the classic days. Intro, break, build, drop, outro. ‘Modern’ trance sounds all too similar now, its a shame its gone that way. Bring back the 8-11 minute tracks of a journey that classic trance takes you on!

Classic trance will always be my favorite, I miss these days

Halfway through this tutorial, it’s been brilliant so far, we’re seeing problems occur as you go which is great to see and to help learn how to get over them. Great work.

1 Like

Incredible course!!I love the way Bluffmunkey approached the track.Thank you so much for the valuable information!

Really enjoyed this, very indepth and knowledgeable. Always interesting to see others make music and how they go about it, certainly taking a few tricks from this series! Also a good tune :wink:

Amazing Course! Very intuitive! I Loved it!

1 Like

Great course, Bluffmunkey! Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you Sonic Academy and Bluffmunkey for this tutorial. I would highly recommend it. I love trance and it never gets cheesy to me. It is the heart of most eletronic dance music, not the foundation but the beating heart. Great tutorial, well thought out, planned and presented. The only downside is that I can’t afford Omnisphere or Roland Cloud, but that is ok because you include the stems.

1 Like

Great course really enjoyed it! Really hoping classic trance comes back into fashion one day!

1 Like