How To Make - How To Make Classic Trance / 1349

Halfway through this tutorial, it’s been brilliant so far, we’re seeing problems occur as you go which is great to see and to help learn how to get over them. Great work.

1 Like

Incredible course!!I love the way Bluffmunkey approached the track.Thank you so much for the valuable information!

Really enjoyed this, very indepth and knowledgeable. Always interesting to see others make music and how they go about it, certainly taking a few tricks from this series! Also a good tune :wink:

Amazing Course! Very intuitive! I Loved it!

1 Like

Great course, Bluffmunkey! Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you Sonic Academy and Bluffmunkey for this tutorial. I would highly recommend it. I love trance and it never gets cheesy to me. It is the heart of most eletronic dance music, not the foundation but the beating heart. Great tutorial, well thought out, planned and presented. The only downside is that I can’t afford Omnisphere or Roland Cloud, but that is ok because you include the stems.

1 Like

Great course really enjoyed it! Really hoping classic trance comes back into fashion one day!

1 Like

Awesome course for classic trance lovers

1 Like

I’m starting this course and really enjoying it so far. Is it possible to have that Spotify playlist mentioned in video #2?

This is the best tutorial I’ve ever watched; short and sweet. Bluff Monkey has a great demeanor… super chill. The tutorial sounds like a pro Classic Trance track. His workflow moves along, he gives you enough info to get things done without going into all the intricacies of his experience level and knowledge. He tells you why he works in the way he does at the pace he does, and touches on some of the historical aspects of Classic Trance methods without getting lost in the topic. The video lengths are great, they give you enough info which you can apply to your own work, and they aren’t boring or impossible to reproduce. You get a great overview of how he uses and tweaks synth presets. The only thing lacking in the video is music theory which to be honest I don’t think belongs in this video, it’s perfect the way it is and adding it in would just be a scholastic anchor; music theory is best served in its own course. The DAW and plugins don’t really come into play as every feature he uses in Cubase and Ana is fairly transparent and also a feature in any major DAW and synth on the market today. I’m looking forward to watching more of his tutorial content. Great Job and Thank You very much Bluff Monkey!

1 Like

Long time no see :wink:

Welcome back and thanks for your feedback ! :+1:

Happy to read that you enjoyed this tutorial.

You’ll find other courses from Bluffmunkey on this page BTW :wink:

7:40 - I think that helps it sit a little bit better, tube be honest.

Nice to see a tutorial for classic trance from someone who was there at the time. Many of the ‘classic trance’ tuts out there incorporate far too many modern production techniques and it sounds inauthentic. This sounds more genuine.

1 Like

This is so far a fun and educational course, thanks for providing all of the nuances and history behind the classic trance genre! Bluff is also an awesome presenter!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your comment ! :sunglasses:

The best tutorial of this genre that I have seen so far, I recently came across this academy and it is the best thing that has happened to me in my life, thanks to being here I think I will be able to finish many of the clues and ideas that I have in one go. they are coming out, thanks for everything

1 Like

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your comment ! :sunglasses:

AMAZING!!! Bluffmonkey is another level.

1 Like

Great course. Thank you.

1 Like

Great tips. very helpfull

1 Like