How To Make - Leftfield Techno with Christian Vance / 602

To be honest, there is no actual “leftfield” sound but more of an openness in the scene to explore hybrid styles, different approaches etc. There are many familiar elements but they struggle to be categorised and therefore music retailers, record shops and the press etc have really started to refer to a few strains of music as “leftfield”. I would recommend anyone from Aphex Twin to Jon Hopkins, Lone or Skee Mask and Hodge etc… there are artists more on the melodic tip, some super restrained, much broken beat etc is being heard but in a more “worked” way. I guess it’s about coming at the music from a different angle to arrive in a slightly different destination.

First of all… really interesting course… but I have a question about ANA 2 in particular the bass preset. You said that you picked up the bass sound from ANA’s presets but I don’t have those BA… DK sounds. Are they from a presets library? and if yes… which one?

1 Like

It’s awesome!

1 Like

@lunalberto thanks for the kind words! It’s been a busy weekend but I will look into the actual preset this week. Feel free to drop me a line on here during the week and we can locate it. Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Hi @lunalberto the Preset used is in the factory bank simply called ‘Sub Trouble’

1 Like

This tutorial is going to be my next project, I was looking forward to start working on this

1 Like

Great video, helped me alot !

1 Like

@StratzehMusic … great to hear!!! To everyone enjoying their new skills and sounds, please upload some of your creations!

1 Like

There are some sick techniques in this course. I’ve come back to it several times now for little tidbits. A must-see for any Ableton user.

1 Like

Great course to get you out of the box!

1 Like

Awesome course, wish you explained more about how you picked the synths sounds. 5 stars nevertheless!

1 Like

thanks for the kind words… super that you enjoyed the course!!! And as for a detailed explanation regarding the choice of sounds… well… it could very well take weeks to accurately explain. The main thing is this: scribble down your ideas any way possible, find and choose sounds (any sounds) that already sound pretty decent in the mix while you’re just experimenting and messing around. Go from there… always go with what works already sonically and expand your idea from there. In a way - they go hand in hand. Practicality and creativity. Happy music making!

super top!! thanks for your tips and knowledge

1 Like

Hey there! Where can i grab the Random Midi Fill tool? Don’t seem to have it in my current live toolbox

1 Like

Hey @Fernandez94

Yep, this was discussed before, depending of your version of Live you might not find the Random Midi Fill tool. Christian posted a screen shot of the rack parameters in order to allow people to replicate the effect, just browse around previous post ( number 6/8 ) from august 2018 in this topic and you’ll get the screen shot :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Tekalight … thanks for responding! @Fernandez94 hope this helps

1 Like

Cheers

1 Like

Good, it helped me a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

@iuriadriel great to hear!!! Power to ya

Cool idea and cool easy !

1 Like