How To Make - Making Better Drums with Enamour / 720

Goooood!
THX

thanks very helpful

Some great tips in here. Between this and the Ruby walk through, Enamour has definitely taken my studio efforts to the next level, thank you so much!

1 Like

great course for some more advanced and specific drum tips. excited to check out the ruby vid as well.

Excellent tutorial & very fine tips & tricks here. Glad to see @enamour back on Sonic Academy and really expecting there will be other courses coming. A lot of attention is payed to bring more human rhythm & musicality in his productions and it really makes a difference in the end. Next to that, very nice way to explain & teach things he’s doing.

Thanks for sharing this on S.A

Thanks Michael for giving us some insight on drum programming as well as your overall workflow with the Ruby tutorial. I know it takes time to make these things and sharing some of your knowledge is very kind of you.

Brilliant in-depth course on drum programing. Thank you.

Great course. You’re great at explaining things. I learned a lot! Can’t wait for the next course now that you have more “free time” for music… :slight_smile:

Is there any more organic ways of Drum Tuning without the use of Digitization percussion plug In?

Thank you!

@Fritzio711

Not sure what you mean by “more organic ways”, but IMO, once your percussive material is recorded in, your best option to tune it is to load the audio file in a sampler/drum kit and to use the pitch/octave features from the sampler. You can “fine tune” percussive material using EQ, but not really changing octave.

Learning so much from this! Amazing!

1 Like

What sample pack were the drums hits from?

@tennor

Better be answered by @enamour but I think that this one was used ( you can picture it in Live’s browser during the tutorial if I recall well ).

we need more @enamour tutorials here! great approach to production with his methodology and great at explaining things - Michael, please come back here and do one of the tracks from your Sleep Paralysis EP, please!

Some good “rubies” of info

1 Like

Some good content inside but the instructor isn’t cut out for teaching. He rarely explains why does any of the things he does, and half the time I can hear a vacuum going off in the background. Like dude if you’re trying to be professional and sell this the least you could do is wait for your mom to finish vacuuming the hallway.

Hi there @farrisismati

I’m not too much worried about Enamour being professional enough to actually manage to sell some things :smile:

This kind of comment isn’t relevant at all : it’s just stupid, childish, almost offensive since you start to cross the line between privacy respect making such a stupid assumption. Please behave, this is really not what the forums and Sonic Academy community spirit is about.

You have the right to be critical about a course, but you should try to explain & share what you think was missing, or what issue did you have with recording quality or whatever it was that made you feel that a tutorial wasn’t good enough. There’s absolutely no need to be arrogant, harsh or commenting with a very bad sense of humor to do so.

Fascinating course. Really worth the time and $

1 Like

Hey there @silona

Be sure to check the other Enamour’s tutorials if you haven’t done yet :wink:

1 Like