How To Make - One Thousand & One Nights with Darin Epsilon / 532

This is awesome. Thanks,.

Nice Man !

Nice

Great tutorials Darin! will be definitely using some of your tips.
Thanks, and keep it up.

Thank you Darin…maestro :wink:

very cool insights! thanks darin!

What is the quick shortcut used to cut the hat out of the sample?

Thanks Darin looking forward to play with you in Copenhagen in two weeks :slight_smile:

this is a great, concise, nicely paced “recipe” tutorial that shows everything nicely built up step by step. Darin, like Olav Basoski, you’re a great presenter/tutor as well as a solid producer. Please come back and do something else in Ableton 10. Thanks for your extra notes to help newbies, explaining fundamentals too eg. what a compressor does. this is a great tutorial for those looking to start from ground zero learning ableton and edm production. kudos. nicely done. thanks

Great breakdown from beginning to end. Darin is intelligent, patient and well spoken. This is a must see tutorial.

Would love to buy this course! Bucketlist!

Great!!

Darin is a super nice guy, learned quite a bit with this course!

This is one of the most straight-forward, concise tutorial I’ve taken. Darin knows when to slow down and explain something but also when not to linger on a topic for too long. Great course and teacher!

I expected more out of this course as a beginner, i mean if you’re explaining stuff, explain it clearly. where is the structure in the arrangement?? no automations and arrangement styles are explained in the arrangement module and that sucks man!

Hey @cosmic_instinct

Sorry to read that the course didn’t match your expectations. Bear in mind that this was a condensed version of how to make that track, sometime it takes days or weeks to a producer to fine tune & arrange a mix, which of course is quite difficult to show in a rather short tutorial. In this case the duration is very short ( less than 2 hours ), you will see that many tutorials are really more long and therefore cover more details of the “How To Make” process.

On which video and at what time did you feel the lack of info ? Maybe I’ll could go through and try to explain some points.

Look the first tutorials till volume 4 is good, but after that it gets too hurried. now FX, i can understand it’s self explanatory. he has used some, we can listen ourselves and choose some. But the arrangement module which is module 6, is the worst tutorial video i have ever seen. The artist (I don’t want to criticise him I think he has done a wonderful job) has already completed the arrangement and is only talking through what was done but on a very very high level. I mean as a beginner, how are you supposed to understand if the decay needs to be filtered, or when should the breakdown happen? I have also created 138 trance following your tutorials but everything was showcased at a good level for a beginner to understand. I am just asking for basic stuff like delays, if the eq needs to happen at the end of every bar, if the volume faders needs to click in, i mean nothing has been shown but in the final track, everything is present. I mean how ?

Hey again @cosmic_instinct

Went back to video N°6 and I find it quite well explained actually, even if, yes, it could have been more detailed.

I’ve tried to explain my view about that in a PM message, since I don’t want to overload the tutorial page with a long writing here :slight_smile:

Hope it could help.

Cheers !

Firstly, great work on quick responses! I think that’s the best in class compared to the rest of the portals! So thank you.

Secondly I read your extensive message and I understand your point, but as a beginner producer lot was expected especially when the artist keeps telling you to master through a professional and beginners can never afford them! basic mastering was shown, but the ‘Decay’ he’s applied on the track and his final mix is top notch compared to me doing the same stuff still sounds way below par. but at the end, I can say that sonic academy has a lot of tutorials so I’m going to keep going. nothing lost I think it was overall a good session. thanks again.

1 Like

Hi @cosmic_instinct

Well, thank you for the kind words :slight_smile:

And yes, IMO, it would be wrong to stay on a deceptive feeling about one tutorial and to let it go. I really do think that S.A is working hard to bring the best producers on board, the amount and the variety of knowledge on the platform is quite impressive and I think there’s a lot to learn here from total beginners to rookies.

Catching up a bit later about this “decay” thing you mentioned via the message function again. Just for the same reason, the post here appears in a preview frame on the main tutorial page, so long writing are taking all this space.