How To Make - Tech House 2019 with Rene Amesz / 707

Rene…thank you so much!!! The way you construct your beats is just amazing. The template you start off with is amazing. When you hear complex tech tracks, you wander how they made their beats sound so full and groovy. The way you work on detail at a time makes so much sense. I’m finishing up this tutorial but i think for the next 5 songs I’m just going to use ur workflow with my samples so I can learn your process. I really think your process is iron solid!!

thanks rene and sonic academy

hey could you extend the dates for the remix competition pls!!

Hi there @nastonefasto2

Unfortunately no, that is not possible. Please be aware that all remix competitions at Sonic Academy are running for a 3 weeks time frame and unless their was a major issue like uploads problems, this is a fix time. IMHO it’s a good habit to set yourself a submission date 2 or 3 days ahead of the official contest ends date when you decide to take part in a remix comp.

Remix competitions & last calls for entries are announced by S.A via their web site, social medias and mailing list, so be sure to check those from time to time to be aware of the latest contest as soon as they pop up. New tutorials are uploaded every Friday, so it’s also a good habit to check S.A website on Friday’s evenings to see if there’s not a new course including a remix competition and to have a chance to get the full 3 weeks time for any contest.

Rene checking out all the entries as we speak - Good luck everyone and thanks for all the entries!

1 Like

Thanks for this course Rene!, I learned a lot of new stuff.

Very helpful in the way of learning track structure great course

Awesome course - Rene Amesz always delivers - Thanks :slight_smile:

Good stuff !

thanks a lot this is great

asd

sry but your workflow is slow as hell why not low cut the master bus instead of cutting everything serperate?
then why not make the basic House beat as template?

Hi Rene did you choose the samples allready tuned to the kick like the toms ? or you choosed at random ?
Great tutorial btw :slight_smile:

excellent course!

very good course, thank you!
nice arrange techniques and charming explanation

Very good course

Clear and Understandable tutorial from fellow countryman Rene Amesz. Thx! Keep it up!

Why do you start at bar 8 and not bar 1?

Hey there @locoed

It’s just a workflow habit for some people, done for many reasons : more visual comfort, easier way to move elements on the time line mainly. Some people will also start by a specific part like first drop or main hook and build the arrangement from there, so you could even start much more further onto the time line. Another useful use is to keep a 1 bar blank before the track start as well as leaving 1 empty bar at the end, this can help to avoid pops & clicks when rendering the final audio or to get a short silence at beginning & end of the track.

This course has a lot of unique tips rarely found on the others.
The way he arranges basslines was really interesting to me.

1 Like

Good course, everything nicely explained, but am I the only one finding that several samples are missing from the downloads?