How To Make - Tech House - Zip It with Vangelis Kostoxenakis / 586

@vangeliskostoxenakis Very enjoyable course to follow & thank you for sharing your own approach to build a track from scratch & your workflow. You are clearly demonstrating that being organized & methodical using a workflow that suits you is definitely not restrictive for creativity & quite efficient to bring more consistency to the track. Appreciated your words about keeping making music for fun & not getting frustrated by the end of the day. Thanks :slight_smile:

You summarized the course in 3 lines. That’s exactly it

1 Like

@vangeliskostoxenakis cool tutorial mate!
but how about sidechain? Don’t need it on the bass? Or do you have the bass an octave above the kick?

I rarely sidechain. I do it only if kick and bass are in phase or fall in the same fundamental frequency if u get what I mean. I prefer to eq and compress a bit more the bass, tighten it up if it’s too low endy.

Oh yes. Another great course. Will definitely be entering the remix competition. Think I might get my 8 year old son to recreate the vocal. The embedded video of Vangelis in the studio was really cool. You can really see how much fun he’s having. Really wish I had the funds and space for that Moog. What a synth!

1 Like

unique kick design!

1 Like

nice course

1 Like

Hey @stuartcove, looking forward to hear your remix then ! :wink:

great course !!!

“Zip it” TOTT EP Preview available from Vangelis Kostoxenakis on SoundCloud, check it out ! Nice cluby sound there !!
https://soundcloud.com/vangeliskostoxenakis/sets/zip-it-ep-talk-of-the-town

This bass is a floorfiller what a killer sound

1 Like

Great video and at a great pace where things can be picked up. Thank you

how long does it usually take for you guys to decide the winner please? Rob

We will be announcing Monday or Tuesday of next week! Good luck everyone!

Drum Roll Please…

Well done to our winners

1st @DMA - 1 Day Remix
2nd @cwoodon Soul Slappa Remix
3rd @Wuak - Who Understands And Knows Remix

Well done to everyone that entered, some amazing and creative remixes in there!!

Chris

1 Like

Awesome tutorial!

:+1::+1::+1:

very good job, Helpful and inspiring!
Thank you VK :slight_smile:

Great tutorial!

1 Like

Thank you, very Helpful!

1 Like