How To Make - Tech Trance in Studio One 4 / 646

Hey there @BAK3R

The Nicky Romero Kickstart Plugin is available for demo & purchase here https://www.kickstart-plugin.com/

You can also use alternative tools such as Xfer Records “LFO Tools” & Devious Maschines “Duck” to achieve similar results.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers !

really excellent course

Alright.

Learning a lot from this

This course is great and well worth the purchase. I keep finding myself repeating the course just to lock in as much knowledge as possible on the new DAW. I would love to see more courses from Bjorn, as well as all the other trance producers, but using the updated daw (Studio One Version 5). Thank you Bjorn Akesson and the Sonic Academy team for releasing material on Presonus.

1 Like

Great Course, but how can I get the Sample Pack used here?
Didn´t find it and the free Pack for Newsletter is not the same.

Regards,
Mike

Hey there @MikeButzbach

Those samples are from the packs available for Sonic Academy Subscribers only, check post N° 40 for the details. So it’s not the same packs as the ones you get from the free account & newsletter sign in.

Amazing course, cool ANA.
Hope to have more Studio One 5.1 tutorials for music prod.

I’m so thankful and excited by this course! Is it for free?
What’s the difference with paying subscription?

Regards!

Hi there @CGD80

Sorry for the delayed reply :blush:

This tutorial is a payed course and as a free member you will have access to the preview video (s), this is true for all tutorials on the site.

To get your hands on the full tutorial + the resources content like projects files & stems you have 2 options :

1 - Purchase the tutorial via a one time payment and it will be added to your user account, you can then download all videos + content and keep it for ever.

2 - Becoming a subscriber and getting access to all tutorials available on Sonic Academy website + their resources + subscribers benefits. You’ll be able to watch any course video and download resources as long as your subscription plan is active. You can choose for monthly or yearly plan and decide to cancel anytime.

There’s also a 7 days free trial available if you haven’t use it yet.

More info on subscriptions here.

Cheers !

This course si awesome!! I did others courses with lots of theory content that weren’t really helpful for me because when I tried to apply those lessons into a track I was overwelmed with too many options and didn’t know where to start.
This step by step is so good!!! I’m learning a lot!!
Please add more studio one courses!!

1 Like

Agreed. Please can we have more Studio One (5) courses? Maybe one on Afro House/Techno or Progressive House/Techno?

Hello, could you please share the Psy Bass 1 preset with us as I can’t find it in ANA 2? When I open the project files, ANA 2 doesn’t load up, possibly because it’s a VST2 version and on my system I have VST3 installed.

Actually, a folder with all the presets used in this would be helpful thanks as noticing ANA 2 is used lots but I can;t open the project without missing devices on my DAW. It seems this is an issue other are having if they have VST3 installed. I tried installing VST2 but it still won’t show or load the ANA 2s in the project file provided.

@MdJ

ANA 2 VST 3 should automatically replace the VST 2 since there’s a flag in the plugin code allowing this and Studio One takes advantage of it. That said, depending of the version of ANA 2, and also Studio One version used in the course and yours, this might not work as expected.

The solution is that you need to remove ANA 2 VST 3 plugin file from it’s install location if you want to see ANA 2 VST 2 plugin available inside Studio One.

I’m using a Mac, when the .song is opened the ANA 2 x64 is not detected with S1 5 “Not installed in your system” - could you please share the presets? Cheers.

Hi there @Cubikated

This is a similar issue as described in the previous post here, if you have both ANA 2 VST and VST3 plugins installed on your system, you will need to temporary move ANA2.vst3 plugin from it’s installed folder ( e.g : move it to your desktop ) and Studio 1 will be able to load ANA 2 VST when you open the .song project file after this.

Thanks, I would never have thought about layering the basslines! Now I finally know how producers create those hard hitting basslines

hi can i use studio one plugins in cubase 12?

@koseidon You can use some Presonus plug-ins that are available as VSTs plug-ins compatible with other DAWs ( you should inquire about the PresonusHub manager app for this ) but Studio One “in the box” plug-ins will only work with Studio One.

To my knowledge, you can now purchase the Fat Channel XT for use in other DAWs for ~$80.

This is a great tutorial, however, since I do not have Ana I am using some of my hardware synths (NL3, NL4, Nord Wave, Q, Supernova II, and RADIAS in particular) which sounds more Trance than Tech Trance. A side recommendation I have is for you to navigate through the synths and patches being used, so it is easier to replicate the sounds or create an alternative patch, especially for those such as myself who are working on their sound design skill while picking up/practicing a genre and missing things.

I challenge you to use all stock instruments next time, :wink: especially with the multi instrument. Cheers! Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

1 Like