How To Make - Techno 2019 with Harvey McKay / 668

@rthrale & @Elixir861

Thanks for this constructive feedback guys, it’s those kind of comments that helps S.A & the tutors to level up the content and that’s the reason for the forums to be, so very cool to see people getting involved :wink:

Cheers !

No worries :slight_smile: I’ve watched it about 5 times now so thats a good sign :smiley:

1 Like

Harvey is a beast!! Love the simple but yet effective mindset! Great Tips, huge sound!

Very dope tutorial !

helpful…:slight_smile:

Ive always tried a layered kick but this has helped me understand how the two can work in unison, this has been great help Harvey, cheers mate!

Amazing Tutorial. Thanks for leaking your Info Harvey!!!hahaha Wocked work flow bro

I’m not a pro but shouldn’t kick be in the same note as the subkick that is confusing a bit

@leemonaid It’s really a matter of preference IMO. Some producers like to tune all their Kicks & Drums but many ones don’t bother too much with it and just do it by ear, judging if it works in the mix.

You might gain some more tonal balance by tuning your drums but it can also give you problems if everything is tuned as those elements will fight for room in the same frequency range, leading to mixing issues. Doing it by ear avoids this and can also bring contrast & help to widen your mix.

Great Tutorial, very easy to understand.

I am going for it.

Just recently getting back in to Techno and this course has defiantly help me in a big way thanks for sharing your skills Mckay

Let’s try this!!!

Nice one, more from Harvey or similar acts!

great course, great no nonsense workflow! a real eye opener! A++++

Great course and great producer

Thank you!! fantastic tips!

Very good course but not going to lie you lost me at this section, not sure how or what you’re doing with the arrangement at this stage

@Darraghosullivan92

Which stage? What video are you having issues with?

1 Like

How exactly he’s making the samples play how he’s going to have them in the arrangement, and how he gets it from session to arrangement view. I’m not hating though I am taking a lot from his course, just have a lot to learn only producing a couple of months

1 Like