How To Make - Trance in Ableton Live / 451

How to Make… Trance

How to make epic trance tunes made clear and simple: Sonic Academy’s music-production pros line up everything you need for emulating the trance sound of the pros. Starting with the basics - drums and basslines - through to chord progressions and the final arrangement of your track.

Course features:

• Learn to make music online, in your own time and at your own pace;

• Learn quickly from our high quality video tutorials, presented by industry professionals;

• Get the most from your equipment – there is nothing more frustrating than having kit and not being able to use it. You want to make music and Sonic Academy tutorials show you how!

For full access to the How to Make… Trance video tutorials (and all of Sonic Academy’s other video courses too), subscribe today!

thanks Phil, great tut...all the best

Great tut, thanks

A noob question I am sure: I noticed that you never made a specific “Sub-Bass” line. What are your thoughts on using an individual sub bass track- would it just muddy things up in this case and is it not necessary?

Where’s part 24 and possibly others?

Hi Andrei - This course was not revisited again - we did however do a more recent trance course that may be of interest

Thanks Brian.

I had a hunch but wanted to make sure it was not an accident.

I already went through Trance 2.0 in the past, as well as Peak Time Trance. Great stuff! :slight_smile:

Bryan You should do a 2016 version of this mate! Love this style. You and Chris!

Great Course, this is what I´m looking for.

Dear Brian or Phil, I have a very stupid question. So i accidentally (sounds not honest but it is true) used part of the presets in this course to make a very good track. And i am wondering should i take the part i used out of the track since i want to release it or are we free to use provided materials here without copy right problems?

@DjLeoEvans

Up to @bryan_spence & @phil_johnston to provide you with more details but in general any tutorial resource that you download from S.A is subject to the rules displayed in the User License Agreement disclaimer that pops up when you click on download and that you agree to accept.

In first place you have to follow those rules and secondly also make sure that there’s not any additional EULA or License Text info inside each downloads that specify more rules, if any then of course you’ll have to stick to those rules too.