How To Make - Trance - Tigerlily with Jaytech / 902

It’s a lead patch from ANA 2 Presets Packs N°2 “Future Bass”, the pak is available here :

Jimbo will you marry me

Jimbo, how is your creative workflow ?
Sound design, arrangement and composition.

Hi, I am having issues recreating the sound of the bass “Sawtooth”. I could not get it to sounds like the original track.
Is someone having the same issue or is able to give some pieces of advice?
Thanks!!
(Great tutorial!)

Are you using ANA 2 & starting from the factory preset → fx → “Cybertron” inside Live or trying to recreate this with another softsynth or/and DAW ? Then there’s also the effects chain processing on the sound involved for the final result, Jaytech is using Slate Virtual Mix rack + Verbsuite on this sound.

If you can use the same soft-synth, DAW + effects, you’ve got a better chance to come close to the end result and if trying to recreate the sound from scratch, then you should download the full project from the course resource in order to compare your take & the original sound. Sometime a tiny difference in ANA 2 settings or the effects chain plugins can make a difference, now if you’re trying to recreate the sound with another synth and/or effects, it might be a bit more difficult but you should be able to get close too.

Now all that said and even if you have the exact same tools at your disposal, keep in mind that you are working in your own space & room, and that the end result will never be “exactly” the same as what you’re hearing in the course, so in general, getting a similar or pretty close sound in your room is your goal, matching it 100% is not possible because of those differences between working spaces.

Thanks for your answer. I just realized I was too vague in my question.

I am having an issue with the reproducibility of the sound. I’m copying the preset from the project of the course, but I feel that is sounding a bit different every time I open the project/reset the pc. Yesterday it seems that it was missing some high-frequency body (like when you low pass a cool howling distorted sound). Today is sounding ‘nice’ and I recorded it to audio.

Am I the only one who had this issue? Maybe it depends on parameters initialization in ANA2 (awesome synth BTW)

In this case the only reason I could think of is PC audio settings & parameters like bit rate & buffer setting inside your DAW that might be causing artifacts or alter the audio out from the DAW. In Ableton’s Live you may want to check the “CPU Loader” indicator in % on the top right as well as your “Audio” settings in Preferences. Prior to this is your audio interface settings too. If you’re working on a daily basis on your own project and adding tracks & processing each time, you may want to keep an eye on this CPU load & increase the buffer size as needed.

If you are loading the preset from your user presets folder inside ANA 2 after copying it from the course project ( using the “Save as” feature ), you should get the same sound each time you’re loading your project, the only "permanent " & not presets related parameters are inside ANA 2 Settings → settings like Quaility ( HD waveforms ) or Note/Poly Modes can have an impact on audio quality & CPU load. Other than this I can’t think of anything else inside ANA 2 that could alter the sound loaded from a saved preset.

Thanks an awesome tutorial.

Can someone advice, how to find sound similar to percussion 49 jt_perc_octo in the 6th video?

I’ve browsed splice for hours. The closest I could find was metal agogo bell, but it’s not quite that.

Hey there,

Could you please have @jaytechmusic share from which Splice pack he got the main kick&snare loop, “WHAT_DA_Drum_32B_128_G”? I’ve been searching on Splice, and I can’t find any pack that matches.

Thanks!

1 Like

So cool, thank you

Awesome!

Very insightful!

love the vocal chops

Really insane you have this guy doing tutorials!!! So legit!!

Someone can tell me who can I find Classic Trance Plucks?
Thank You

Hey there @Dassala

The “Classic Trance Plucks” is a patch for ANA 2 available in Presets Pack Vol.5 “Trance”, you’ll find it here on Sonic Academy website : ANA 2 Presets Vol. 5 - Trance | Sounds

creating the bass groove using mildly quantised 1/16T is brilliantly effective!

great track, awesome tutorial.

The Jaytech remix competition winners will be announced on tomorrow nights Live Show!

2 Likes

Really great course. Very well explained and a lot of useful ideas. Thanks!!

@chris_agnelli

Could we also have a winner announcement here and/or on S.A social medias like you usually do guys ?