How To Make - Uplifting Trance with James Dymond / 254

Purchased 2 yrs ago, this song is still stuck in my head <3

I can’t find the midis in the resource files and since im using logic i can’t open the fl project files. Could you please be so kind to add the midis to the resources, or point me to where they are, if the may be contained allready?

Great course! Thank you

Loved the course, lots of useful stuff aside from the basics

Absolutley loving this course.
I’m up to the fx video and I’m now a bit stuck and have been now since the mid bass which I didn’t realise.
When James has put the sidechain kick for the peak controller I can’t fathom out how to stop that sc kick being audible.
It was clear in the fx section that you cannot heat that kick.
Every time I try the kick is always audible or it doesn’t work.
I’m using FL Studio 12 Mac beta
Any help would be appreciated.

it seems good, im someone that can only afford the basic though a dual core processor with 4gb ram on the laptop so once a full project is loaded it doesnt work properly so any ratings or comments i give are based on the earlier parts like kick and bass. it seems anyone cant do it.

WoW!!! It`s sow much fun. Thank You JAMES DYMOND

Fantastic course, very concise and thought through.

Great course! James has been my favourite tutor so far. He thoroughly explains what he’s doing and displays a very OCD and tidy workflow.

This was a fantastic course. James does a great job explaining things, really puts into perspective how much time and effort a full blown trance track can take. Definitely watch this, follow along in FL Studio, and take notes!

1 Like

I always wanted to learn how to make trance but what kept me back was the fact that I am using Ableton Live and the tutorial is using FL Studio. I have put this ‘problem’ aside and started following this tutorial. I am very happy I did. It is very good to follow, even though I do not have FL Studio. I have to admit though that the workflow in FL Studio seems entirely different from Ableton Live and also a bit inefficient it seems. Is that right? Why are you using FL Studio? I do not know FL Studio so I am very interested in hearing what is so good about it. Anyway, thanks for this great tutorial! You are explaining everything you do and that is great!

Hi James, thank you for this very good Tutorial… Helped me much… Have learned a lot… You are a really good producer and a great teacher… Thx

Very informative!

I was pretty much clueless when it came to structuring my tracks and mixing sounds in. This course got me up to speed pretty quick. I’ve watched it all the way through 4 times now just to catch all the little details. I wish he would have gone a little further into Sound design, but overall, this tutorial is outstanding. Great for beginners imo.

I REALLY enjoyed this course! The song was great, and all of the information was really well presented. There was a ton of new stuff to absorb. I look forward to doing another tutorial from James Dymond. Thanks for the great tutorial :slight_smile:

Thanks James for this awesome tutorial. Also, it was a pleasure to see you at Ministry of Sound, your set was soo good!

Nice track. I can’t wait to watch this course :smiley:

Do you recommend EQing the kick immediately when I add the kick in? All my previous music was laid out on the playlist before I bothered with EQing and adding effects.

Great course!

Hey @daverney

there’s a really in depth course about this here that you perhaps find interesting :