How To Use - Ableton Live 10 Beginner Level 2 / 596

Nice tutorial, learned lots. Thanks!

Really nice tutorial.
Learned more in a few days then a couple of months of self study.
Thanks!

1 Like

Is there a sample missing from the resource folder ?

All good -Found it - Great course for Newbs !

1 Like

All good, really nice!

Just here for the free reward points haha, Just finished this Tutorial series learned a lot hope P-LASK delves deeper into Ableton in the keeps it simpler :wink: & very easy to understand!!

Great Tutorial, needs a minor update re project is older than current Ableton, had to rejig the ANA-Bass part to sound right as the Filter Env was at 0 and project still isn’t playing one of the parts, I think it didn’t import in as part of the proj.

Very handy, and worth the subscription

Diolch

Are there any go-to videos for once you complete this course?? Beginner Level 3?? Intermediate Level 1?? I seem to have hit a brick wall with understanding the things in Ableton that weren’t mentioned in either of the Beginner courses…

Hi there @rj1978

After watching Ableton Live 10 Level 1 & 2, I think it’s interesting to get into specific Live devices & effects tutorials. P_LASK has done several courses as well as tutor Bluffmunkey .

Full “How to make” tutorials using Ableton Live and showing producers creating a song from scratch using the DAW are also a good way to learn about Live and the various habits, tips & workflow from different producers. You can filter your tutorial search by “Software/DAW” ( on the left hand side of the main tutorials page ).

Start by checking P-LASK courses here : P-LASK Artist Profile - Watch video tutorials with P-LASK

1 Like

I seem to be missing simple delay on the latest update of Ableton. So I just skipped that part but understood how it would work. Fantastic course. Thank you very much.

Hey there @Chris_Griffiths

Yep, Simple Delay & Ping-Pong Delay have been replaced by “Delay” since Live 10.1

Very nice tutorial. I am fairly new to Ableton, so I learned a lot. Is there any tutorial on recording vocals in Ableton? More like how to get that professional vocal sound in your mix.

Hey there @chatters

No there’s no dedicated tutorial about recording vocals inside Ableton, what you will find is many videos showing how different producers process the vocals in their tracks, using different techniques across different DAWs.

If you use the search function from the main tutorials page ( click on the magnifier icon in the top right corner ) and enter key words like vocal/vocals/processing vocals… you’ll get a list of individual videos from full tutorials covering those techniques.

Basically that professional vocal sound is mainly achieved through edits & post-recording processing, either using stock effects from the DAWs or 3rd party plugins. There’s 2 sides of things : your vocal take ( original recording ) and the post-recording process. Beside equipment quality such as mics, pre-amps and AD/DA converters from audio cards and the recording techniques that will of course have an impact on the recording quality, that pro sound & making the vocals shine in a mix will require post processing. Some vocalists & audio engineers like to record “dry”, most of them prefer to have some effects as inserts ( like a tiny amount of delay & reverb, or auto-tune stuffs for example ) that will get “print” ( recorded ) during the take. But still, it’s rare that you get a perfect vocal take just sitting right in the mix, it will need to be processed. Level automation, Eq, delays, reverb, gate & de-essers are the most common tools being used. Then there’s different techniques like doubling the vocal and layering a dry vocal with a wet ( processed ) one and blending them to taste.

So best advice again is to have a look at different producers techniques, even in different DAWs than Ableton you’ll find interesting tips & techniques.

Hope this helps :wink:

Cheers !

Thanks for getting back to me… Appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great Intros to Ableton Live…Thank you Sonic Academy and P-Lask aka Paul.

I really enjoyed this course and found it very useful.

so helpful

Great explanation and easy to understand course. Thank you Paul!