How To Use - Ableton Live 11 Beginner Level 1 / 1170

It’s ok now I worked it out.

I am curious is there any how to courses on here that only use the standard DAW plug-ins?

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed reply.

There’s a all series covering different versions of Ableton Live, but if you own Live 11, then the beginner series Level 1 and level 2 for Live 11 is the right place to start.

Those beginner level courses are just using stock ( so in the box or standard ) plugin from Live.

You’ll be learning while also creating a track.

All courses Live related page : Ableton Live Tutorials for Beginners and Advanced Users | Sonic Academy

On this page you will also find courses just explaining some Ableton Live tools ( so in the box effects from Ableton Live i.e ).

Hope this helps !

Really helpful thank you.

I’m on Tutorial 10 - Bass and maybe this is mentioned in later lessons but you now have a red bracket around all yr clips and tracks.
I have seen this before but have not learnt what it is or for.
I would wait until I’ve finished all the lessons before i ask a question but i wanted to ask this whilst it’s fresh in my head.
Thanks.

Welcome aboard on the forums and sorry for the delayed reply over Christmas :sunglasses:

Ableton Live will display a colored area ( it can be different than Red ) when there’s a Midi controller connected to your computer and controlling Live, so that’s just what this is. If you have multiple controllers interacting with Lives, you will see different colors.

Hope this helps !

Cheers :sunglasses:

really great stuff awesome!

1 Like

Welcome aboard on the forums ! :sunglasses:

Excellent tutorial! I use Logic Pro and have purchased Ableton Live. Absolutely thorough and well explained. Hope there is an Advanced version coming soon.

1 Like

Welcome on the forums !

There’s a Ableton Live 11 Level 2 course available here in case you haven’t checked this one yet :

Ableton Live 11 Tutorial for Beginners - Level 2

You’ll find all Ableton related courses here :wink:

Now it starts to make sense… Brilliant thank you !

1 Like

Nice course for beginners. Loved it

1 Like

Looks like a good course

1 Like