How To Use - Ableton Live 9 Beginner Level 1 / 325

It would be great if we have first samples for free!!

You do get the samples for free.

Great tutorial to understand the Live interface!

Great tutorial for understanding the Live interface!

Finished Beginner 1, looking forward to 2. Learned a lot in a short time

great

cant get enough of this site! So informative and has everything and more you can think of!!! Thank you!!!

Very helpful course

great course

Great video, thanks for the help!!

great intro to ableton :smiley:

Good thorough beginner tutorial!

Awesome intro to Ableton! Thanks :slight_smile:

Great Work

over the quarantine I’ve been trying to pick up abelton and i couldn’t for the life of me find and decent tutorials out there at all. this course is amazing, really informative and really helpful for beginners like me. couldn’t recommend it enough!

1 Like

Hey there @Bushido

Make sure to check out those Live 10 tutorials as well :wink:

Next to getting Live fundamentals through those tutorials, tutor Plask has done a all series of courses on Live devices and “in the box” plugins & tools that will gradually help you to dive further into Ableton Live, check his courses here.

Im having trouble with the bass line tutorial, does anyone have any tips. whenever i load the bass into the simpler device i can’t hear ay sound at all. i’ve increased the volume. redownloaded all the files and nothing.

@Bushido

If you’re dropping the ANA Bass.aif from the Samples/Bass Synth folder available from the course’s resources directly onto a Simpler device, there shouldn’t be any reason not to have sound output. Make sure you’re using the .aif audio file and not the ANA Bass.aif.asd file and also be sure to check that the track itself isn’t muted inside Live or that you don’t have any other track(s) set to “Solo”. I can’t see any other reason why it wouldn’t work.

Very nice intro. The scale feature was one I hadnt known about but very handy. On to part 2 :slight_smile:

great course