How To Use - Ableton Push 2 with Julian Gray / 517

Nice, clear and useful! Thanks

I’ve watched the intro once but plan on watching it a couple more times because there is so much information. I can’t wait to start watching the others and creating an actual song using my Push 2. This entire series is great for people like me who really need to learn by doing. I can follow along and do each step as it comes up in the videos, which is absolutely awesome!

This is not a tutorial at all. A big fail in my opinion, sorry. He did almost nothing with this machine. Nothing about sampling, nothing about the structure of the pads. He did not realize that there is a clip-view where you can edit the midi notes.
Nothing about the scales mode. I am afraid that he is not able to play any 7th or 9th chord on it, which is soooo simple on push, even in scales you have never heard of.

What a bad course, i am sorry. But this machine is a gamechanger for every ableton user.

You are not going to learn anything in this course.

It gives the impression that a beginner who have used it for 2 hours now is your teacher.

Sorry, there are better tuts on youtube for free, honestly. I am a little bit pissed.

The class is good for a very beginner but honestly this guy has to do more for be a real teacher

Great Ableton Push 2 tutorial

this guy is horrible as a teacher

Nice intro :slight_smile: for Push 2

@Foolish

Not every artist has got the same teaching approach & skills IMHO, now It would be nice & constructive to explain what you didn’t like in the tutorial or tutor approach, that would help both tutor & S.A in order to improve content :slight_smile:

This is crap man! I want to see the push explained, not how you make a song…

so this is a push instruction video and you are using yore mouse all the time…this is really a waste of money and time!

Good stuff, well explained, thx

Not a bad tutorial aimed at beginners. Ableton has a pretty healthy catalog of tutorials for the Push 2 at Learn Push | Ableton for those looking at something more in-depth.

10%push, 90%mouse and keyboard

We have a new course very soon

1 Like

learned so much thank you!

Pretty gutted with this course… Most plugins are third party, doesn’t go in depth about most of the push 2’s features and spends 80% of it using a mouse… Minimal information on how to use a push 2, which is what I paid for.

You are in luck, we have a new push 2 tutorial taught by an Ableton certified trainer. How To Use Ableton Push 2 with P-LASK | Tutorial 01 - Setup and Overview

1 Like

I actually found this pretty useful, I would never have thought about putting kick2 inside the drum rack, so I’ve no complaints but then I’ve got the plugins used :+1:

Fed up
4th time I’ve had to rewind 50 times to see the quick moves you’re doing, which you just assume we already know. And on this one I’m completely stuck. You forget that you’re meant to be teaching us what you’re doing with it, not just doing stuff quickly assuming we know. I’m trying the other one.

Don’t know why the trainer is using Serum to show how to use Push for beginners. I do like how he just goes over what you need to create a song, keeping it simple. Gets you into it faster.