How To Use - ASM Hydrasynth 1.5 with King Unique / 1111

ASM Hydrasynth 1.5 with King Unique

View Course

Roll out the red carpet as King Unique’s back with us this week and this time his synth-majesty is looking at the mighty Hydrasynth from Ashun Sound Machines.

Hydrasynth is a digital 8 voice polyphonic wavetable synthesiser with a brilliant user interface so it’s relatively straight forward to navigate the immense amount of options and modulation possibilities available. It also features polyphonic aftertouch and a fully customisable ribbon controller so the scope for hands-on sound creation is literally infinite.

With a recent firmware update giving you more filters, microtonal capabilities, envelope triggers, distortion and more, the Hydrasynth looks like a whole lot of fun and in this course Matt runs through everything you need to know to make the most out of this monster synth.

Whether you own one, thinking of getting one or just want to expand your knowledge of synthesis this is a must-watch course.

Who says great synths need to be analogue?

Check it out!

Dude this is a really Good course! Thank you so much! I have learned so much from this. I tell everyone I run across to check this out. I subscribed to Sonic Academy just to watch this and I will buy it soon to help you out. I will be on the lookout for other courses from you. Thanks again for the class on an amazing piece of gear:)

1 Like

Good Stuff KU.

Just purchased the desktop version such an amazing synth… Loving this course,.

1 Like

Really excellent set of vids - gonna re watch a few times! Helping me to master the synth! Thanks

1 Like

Great stuff! Well explained! Thanks

A really great tutorial for a fantastic synth. Thanks Matt for the easy to understand vvideos that are full of information and tips.

1 Like

Hi, what is the total duration of the videos please

It’s a 3h20 course in total, you can see this for each course on the top of the tutorial page for info :wink:

Hi there,

The preset tutorials… what gets covered? Bass, Lead, Pad, rhythmic? cheers, Mark

• Preset 1 shows how you can create a sequence with the Hydrasynth despite having a dedicated sequencer.

• Preset 2 is a Pad patch.

• Preset 3 is a wiggling Saw showing the synth polyphony and modulation features.

RbnRel isn’t “Ribbon Release.” It’s “Ribbon Relative.” :slight_smile:

I’d just like to say…I was a bit reluctant to purchase this course as it was for firmware version 1.5, and when I bought my Hydrasynth 2.0 was already out, plus I have the desktop version. Well, you will be glad t hear that pretty much everything is still applicable apart from the obvious (e.g. the desktop doesn’t have a ribbon…etc). I’d recommend this course to any new Hydrasynth owner, it does help. ASM also release a short video detailing the additions in 2.0, which is plenty enough to supplement this course to fill that gap. Some more patch creation examples wouldn’t go a miss, but no big deal.

1 Like