How To Use - Infected Mushrooms Gatekeeper with 2Scoops / 665

Infected Mushrooms Gatekeeper with 2Scoops

View Course

This week here at Sonic Academy we welcome back Noah Koroman aka 2Scoops to check out Infected Mushroom’s volume modulation plugin in How To Use Gatekeeper.

Gatekeeper is the cutting edge of volume modulation. Capable of sample-fast transitions and equipped with a unique variable smoothing algorithm, Gatekeeper allows for drastic, punchy gating and sequencing while keeping the output smooth.

In this two-part tutorial 2Scoops firstly looks at the user interface and controls before showing us how he would use the plugin for his own tracks.

Loaded with some awesome presets, Gatekeeper is definitely one of those plugins were messing around with the various parameters and their combinations can give you some truly unexpected and creative results.

Go check it out!

Awesome tutorial. really great way of using gatekeeper in a more creative way. Thanks and keep it up!

Cool Plugin and good demo on using it creatively, looks like a very capable tool for some nice " happy tweaking accidents ".

The GUI is very user friendly BTW, very visual. Thanks for this presentation.

Learned a few new tricks on something I just picked up the other day, great tutorial!

Went a bit fast for a newbie like me, but a nice explanation.

So rad

Now I know about those infected sounds, I really like it

Not much of a tutorial here! Gatekeeper has a lot of features, most of which are not obvious. I didn’t learn anything more from watching this than I did within the first 15 minutes of me buying and thumbing thru the presets on my own. I’m not a hater, just feel like this is worthy of an actual, in depth course/tutorial.

Hey there @peeled05

Yep, I get your point, I bought the plugin some time after watching the tutorial and there’s definitely a lot to cover in terms of features and setting it up, it can be a very powerful tool indeed. But yeah, that course was part of the “How to use” videos series which only covers the basics.