How To Use - Logic Pro X Beginner Level 1 / 537

I just realized this course was updated. Cool! Taking it again, then :slight_smile:

Very good music!

Tnx!

Just got into Logic Pro X and this tut has got me started and saved me tons of time trying to figure out everything by myself. Also very motivating to extend on the knowledge and watch more vids… Thank you!

I recently started using Logic again after picking up Ableton years ago. Thank you Chris for this series of easy to understand videos to make getting more familiar with Apple’s DAW less daunting. Do you have any courses on rewiring Ableton through Logic so I can still use my push2?

Hi there @connercannon7

I don’t think there’s any tutorial about this on S.A website, next to that if you use Live in rewire mode with Logic you’re very limited since you can’t use any 3thd party plugins inside Live, just native Ableton’s plugins. Push 2 can be recognized as a Midi controller inside Logic but you won’t have much options except using the pads and the Daw’s transport. There’s also some tweaks to do inside Logic’s Environment if you want to use Push 2 in user mode and achieve a bit more Midi mapping, but frankly I stopped bothering to get this to work, it’s a lot of headache for very limited results IMO.

With Push 1 it was possible to use nativeKONTROL “PXT General” custom script to get more functionalities but that won’t work with Push 2.

I blame Logic for this, they never made it easy to rewire other DAWs & getting external devices to work was always a pain, when you see how Bitwig Studio does it with proper LUA scripts it’s really amazing, Push 2 & NI Maschine Jam are working inside the box, just terrific. Really thinking to make the move though I like very much Logic.

muy facil y exelente curso

Edit : Moderator English translation :

“very easy and excellent course”

nice

how is techno 120-126bpm??? what

Depending of the style of Techno yes it can be, for example dark or melodic techno is often using a BPM between 1222/125 when Hard or Industrial Techno will generally set around a much faster BPM.

maybe its just a newer model i figure but. the esx24 is that now the quick sampler in logic ? im trying to figure out how to assign multiple samples once he clicks the edit button( 2 min mark )

Hey there @kapson704

There are 2 new samplers since version 10.5 of Logic : “Sampler” & “Quick Sampler”, the one that replaces the ESX24 is “Sampler” and that’s the one you should be using for multiple samples, it’s backward compatible with the ESX24. “Quick Sampler” is more a simplified & faster to use sampler, something more like the “Simpler” device in Ableton Live.

Awesome! Great video for a solid foundation to begin working with LPX.

-Sergio

1 Like

i don’t see any thing like EXS24 and KICK2 on logic 10.6.1

Hey there @shiine

This course was done using an older version of Logic Pro, that’s why EXS24 is used. The EXS24 sampler instrument has been replaced by the improved Sampler by Apple since version 10.5 of Logic Pro X, there’s also a “Quick Sampler” instrument available in Logic, which offers less options and might be more close to the old EXS24 in features but the design & layout has definitely changed.

As for KICK 2 it’s a plug-in from Sonic Academy, so it’s a 3rd party plug-in not included with Logic.

A great intro to LPX. Easy to follow, really enjoyed this course.

Watch who’s tech tips?

I have recently purchased Logic Pro X so I am a beginner and I have watched a few courses upto now and I really like this tutorial its really good.

Only though, on tutorial 7 and at around 4min + 30’s we were asked to go and watch some tech tips but i cant work out who you were on about. I think I was told to go and watch J Tex tech tips but I cant seem to find them anywhere?

Hi there @bailey6599

Chris was mentioning Sonic Academy tutor Jaytech ( Mr.Jimbo ) and his Tech Tips video series tutorials.

There’s actually 2 Tech Tips videos series from Jaytech, I believe Chris was mentioning Tech Tips Volume 25 since that was the one prior to Chris Logic Pro X tutorial.

You’ll find the 2nd one ( done after this Logic course ) here as well : Tech Tips Volume 51 with Jaytech

Hope this helps :wink:

Cheers !

Thank you for breaking down the ways to create a kick easily!

1 Like

Very thorough and informative course, it really helped me to put pieces together and understand logic and music production better. Thank you!

1 Like